Mercedes reliability truely bites --> - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: 300E modded, ML500
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes reliability truely bites -->

I will never forget this past sunday, we had a big northeaster on sunday , 3 ft of rain and my freak e500 (w211 '05) had an electric issue, alternator or the electronics just stopped working , car just stopped working (while driving) nearly 25 miles away from home. Lucky for me I jumped off the major highway 10 seconds before it blew, then

I used to read others complain about reliability, and I used to brush it off as 'not a big deal' , but until you've actually had to live through this experience with an unreliable car, You won't be making that mistake again.

I got a ride from my family member at 1 in the morning.... the repair bill was in the thousands as the warranty just expired..

so far the new X5 , 3 , cayenne have the greatest customer rating.. after this experience, I can see why sales have fallen like a ski slope from 2003 onwards at MB....and frankly they deserve whats happening to them...poor product = your going to get slapped.

Last edited by mbeclass; 04-18-2007 at 10:19 AM.
mbeclass is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
MarcusF's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 CLK430
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeclass
I can see why sales have fallen like a ski slope from 2003 onwards at MB....and frankly they deserve whats happening to them...poor product = your going to get slapped.
Sorry to hear that your car stopped working. Hopefully you don't experience any repeat performances. What was the failing component?

As an aside, 2006 was the thirteenth consecutive year of sales INCREASES for Mercedes-Benz USA.

Last edited by MarcusF; 04-18-2007 at 10:25 AM.
MarcusF is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:42 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
London380sl's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 1984 380sl, 1988 300ce, 1988 420sel (gone)
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusF
Sorry to hear that your car stopped working. Hopefully you don't experience any repeat performances.
Don't think that will be an issue for him. It's up for sale.
London380sl is offline  
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: '07 GL320CDI
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 5,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
3 ft of rain gives lots of cars problems.

Whether the fact you were out in it is bad luck or your mistake, you're blaming it on the car and not yourself. That's called projection, and it's typical behaviour.

You need an Amphicar, I guess.

Official Website of the International Amphicar Owners Club

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'07 GL320CDI

Last edited by lkchris; 04-23-2007 at 08:49 AM.
lkchris is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 AM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
ProV1x's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris
3 ft of rain gives lots of cars problems.

Whether the fact you were out in it is bad luck or your mistake, you're blaming it on the car and not yourself. That's called projections, and it's typical behaviour.

You need an Amphicar, I guess.

Official Website of the International Amphicar Owners Club

LMAO


btw, sorry for your experience. what are you getting next? Lexus?

Gone but not forgotten:
2003 Honda S2000
1999 BMW 540i sport
1995 BMW M3
ProV1x is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: 300E modded, ML500
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1x
LMAO


btw, sorry for your experience. what are you getting next? Lexus?

....I like driving mercedes .... this is a bad experience for sure. IF the newer released mercedes are proven reliable (S-class) I might stick around other wise I ' m no longer going to strictly buy a benz. I 'll go with whoever has the best bang for the buck in terms of fuel efficiency , style looks.

Last edited by mbeclass; 04-18-2007 at 11:43 AM.
mbeclass is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
asianml's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 11,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeclass
I will never forget this past sunday, we had a big northeaster on sunday , 3 ft of rain and my freak e500 (w211 '05) had an electric issue, alternator or the electronics just stopped working , car just stopped working (while driving) nearly 25 miles away from home. Lucky for me I jumped off the major highway 10 seconds before it blew, then

I used to read others complain about reliability, and I used to brush it off as 'not a big deal' , but until you've actually had to live through this experience with an unreliable car, You won't be making that mistake again.

I got a ride from my family member at 1 in the morning.... the repair bill was in the thousands as the warranty just expired..

so far the new X5 , 3 , cayenne have the greatest customer rating.. after this experience, I can see why sales have fallen like a ski slope from 2003 onwards at MB....and frankly they deserve whats happening to them...poor product = your going to get slapped.
I thought the E-Class was like a cheap Jap crap car to you? So why did you get an '05?

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5


Last edited by asianml; 04-18-2007 at 03:46 PM.
asianml is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 03:37 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeclass
so far the new X5 , 3 , cayenne have the greatest customer rating..
Could you translate, please? And customer rating from where?

Regards
ferrymanau is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: 300E modded, ML500
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrymanau
Could you translate, please? And customer rating from where?

Regards

edmunds.com, opinions.com, my neighbhor got the new 3 and didnt have 1 issue so far
mbeclass is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 04:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
asianml's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 11,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeclass
edmunds.com, opinions.com, my neighbhor got the new 3 and didnt have 1 issue so far
Right..........did you also take into account the number of people that gave reviews for each?

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

asianml is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    88-89 S class mercedes gets "B" in reliability ilikemercedes W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 13 02-04-2008 06:16 PM
    Mercedes Reliability ? jreinhardt General Mercedes-Benz 59 02-02-2007 12:03 AM
    How many torx bits and hex bits do you need for your car blitzgritz W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 4 04-01-2006 12:12 AM
    OT: Testament to Mercedes reliability. ridinsmooth W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 15 03-08-2006 06:29 AM
    mercedes reliability bbacon R171 SLK-Class 25 11-02-2005 07:11 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome