LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Apr 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
STOLEN BMW M3 at Gunpoint UPDATE 4-08

I know this is not MB related but all eyes are needed.

Well this is not a good night. I was about a mile from home in a parking lot with people around having coffee and coming in and out of shop at the stripe mall. Two keep it short I was approached by two Spanish guys one pulled a gun choked it and said give me your keys. I did he than said give me your cell phone and off thay went followed by a blk truck. Thay stole my 99 M3.
I am scared, nervous and very shock up. Police have already come and gone and I am alive. Thank god. I live in a very nice area but I have learned a long time ago crime is everywhere and tonight it was my turn.
I was at gunpoint. It really is not a good feeling.

If anyone see this car iin the LA area its a 99 M3 with the carbon fiber wing and clear lenes and a light tent all around. It has or had AC split 5 spoke rims. Please just call the Police and stay clear. As I did. I can be reached at 818 266 7774 Only asking you guys to stay on the lookout. As felt tonight life is golden respect it.

LIC # 5RYA008 VIN WBSBG933XXEY82556 LAPD Contact Bob Grant 818 834-3158
If anyone can get this info over to other website related to BMW that would be great. bimmer .org. bMW club etc, Email me and I will send you pic to upload.

2am I cant sleep all I can do is write on forms, posting here and on Criaglists to do something to make me feel better.

Update 4-08-07
I just wont to give a big thanks to all of you who have taken a moment to read about what happen to me. I am OK, thanks to friends and family. I was unable to express to many detail after it happen but some of you figured it out. Yes I was set up by what the PD and I believe to be Simi pro car thief gang. That got an order for either parts from my car or the whole car and this guy was not going to go with out it. That evening a 8pm I meet them in a crowded parking lot with people coming in and out of store and others setting around having coffee. I showed them the car and went on a test drive within minute the guy asked if the car had lojack or any other tracking system on it. I don’t now why but that question made me very uneasy (alarm 1). I speeded very quickly back in the direction of the parking lot where we had meet up but before we got back he asked if I would dive down this other street to test the bumps (alarm 2) I said no I don’t feel comfortable driving down a street with someone I don’t know. So at High speed I continued over to the parking lot parked got him and I out of the car and tried to end this by telling him OK I got to go things to do, He was trying hard to keep me there but I reached for the door and at that moment he said I am taking the car as he pulled out his shirt and a black gun. He choked it in my face and said I taking this car and told me to give him the keys as I slowly moved back. He than said Give me your cell phone. I did, as he had my stuff he than ask that I don’t walk one way but walk the other way I did and after getting fare enough away I heard the car start I turned as he left followed by a black truck.
I write all this because many have and will sale cars or something in the future. I often pick up used parts not knowing where I am going. I have sold over 30 cars to private parties, But it takes only one gun held to your face in a public parking lot to make you rethink how you go about it. I hope that by sharing my event with everyone it will make you take precaution to maybe prevent this happening to you. But as I have learned if thay wont it, thay will take it, Be smart give it up, its only a car. And you will thank god you did after there gone. Now I think back to what other precaution I could have taken beyond meeting in a public place.
A few tips are make sure you are not calling a person back on a pay phone number. Ask for a second number. Meet in a place that has security cameras in the parking lot and inside the store. I will now ask that you fax me a copy of your drivers Lic#. Why not I would I have nothing to hide. The dealers do it before letting you go out in a car. Bring a friend and consider meeting in the PD parking lot. Maybe add a kill switch that would only allow the car to get a few mile away and in would die, Thay do sale a device like this already.
Lojack is always a great option. I hope other will add to this list and we can all be a little safer dealing with the unknown.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_9603 (Small).JPG (66.3 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_9606 (Small).JPG (65.8 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_9608 (Small).JPG (47.1 KB, 487 views)

Last edited by CASPER7701; 04-08-2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Update 4-08-07
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 04:25 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: Mercedes G Brabus

I hope those guy's drive themselves off a huge cliff, preferably not with your M3.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 06:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: SL500, CL55, E350, E320
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that ... it was a nice looking car.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 06:53 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: '04 SL 500, '03 BMW M5, '03 BMW 325i,
People say it all the time but it is least you weren't injured or killed. We are all greatfully you are okay. Cars can always be replaced. That said, I hope they catch those jerks and hang them by their balls. If they catch them, the cops should take everything they own and let them see how it feels to work hard (if they ever have) and have something of great value just taken from them.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 06:59 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Mar 2007
I am grateful you are alive and you handled a bad situation with grace.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 07:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 01 SLK 320 MT6
can police check security cameras ?

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 05:08 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Any chance this beutiful car had a lojac? Also, does MB put any type of tracking device in at the factory?

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Always Remembered RIP
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
That's just horrible, but it's good you chose the sensible thing and gave up the car, it can be replaced.

I'm suspecting it's headed for a chop shop, but hope it can be recovered before it gets there.

<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I suppose all you could have done has been done by now. It's a crying shame that those banditos took your nice car. Good luck getting it back, and please keep us posted.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 07:58 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
dude sorry to hear.. but remember that you DID THE RIGHT THING. no need to be a hero in that situation, you were wise to give up the key.

Let your insurance co. take care of the problem and they'll cut you a check for a new car. That beautiful E36 M3 (my fav M3 i might add) is almost certainly already in Mexico by now.

Gone but not forgotten:
2003 Honda S2000
1999 BMW 540i sport
1995 BMW M3
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: