Sponsored Links
post #112 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 08:05 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: '03 C240, '03 ML350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pentagon
No kidding? This guy spent 6k on a car and doesn't expect to put money into it? What else is on the market for 6k that won't require some further investment? Rather yet, what else is out there that you could get for 6k that would be worth the additional investment? Sad part is - the money he put into it is probably going into the pocket of whoever buys it now as many more miles of happy, problemless driving. What an idiot.

'03 C240 Sedan, Black/Java
'03 ML350, Black/Black
post #113 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 12:05 AM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2000 ml430, 99 infiniti i30 limited edition
Okay everyone, the gentleman who thinks mb is the worst car ever is entitled to his opinion about this brand of car. But I think, before he wrote all those things what he meant is that most of the time, when a person buys a used honda or toyota, that person will not have one repair after another in quick succession which is what he experienced with the used benz that he bought. After he bought the used benz he probably had to buy parts and parts one after the other which is very frustrating. I believe this where he is coming from. I also believe the first owner is one of those people who do not have a clue on maintaining a car, people who just keep driving and driving when they know somethings not right with their car that day. I feel sorry for him and I hope he gets a better car next time.
post #114 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 11:21 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 95S320 , 98E320 4-matic wagon
Send a message via Yahoo to Bee

That sucks, that sounds like my experience from my very first car a 84 audi5000. A terrible Lemon of a car.

I in fact only bought a honda accord and then 2 acuras coupes after that because of the good reliability history.

I am now the proud owner of 2 Benzes and I am very happy with them and more importantly i feel safe knowing that my Family drives in some of the safest automobiles in the world.

The looks of envy arent bad either
post #115 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
I think I got duked no lube harder than this guy...In 2005 I purchased a very clean very sound Dodge Intepid 2001 SE, need I keep writing....LOL. Long very Long and sad to be honest story short, I financed the Dodge $6,500 from dealer with bullsh*t warranty, being this was my first car purchase I was excited. Talk about the run around, every single thing that could go wrong went wrong, I lost $14,000.oo, yes cash not credit $14,000.00 in expences stemming from break downs, I was dump enough to rebuild the engine when it blew up on my birthday, and then it blew up again....so I was stuck, a new dealer guided me to the E320 and said this is the only car he had on the lot that he could finance for me with the mounting dept I had. Trust me it was a very very sad and emotional experience which left me so depressed and struggling for money. After all said and done, I am happy with the new car, btw it was either take the MB or keep paying on a non-operating dodge intrepid, so believe it or not I had no choise in the matter, I had to take the MB with Hi-Miles, in order to soak up negitive equity. I am still recovering financialy but being in a contract and depending on your car (I live in cali) forced me to make some dumb ass choices, that I learned from in the hard way. I am very happy with my purchase and thank the only dealer willing to work with me, also I had to put down thousands more to even make the new deal work. It took 3 months for him to find a car that the bank will except and alot of financial planning on my part. I feel like I will never get that money back, but should be back on my A-Game by 2008.

btw, I had a 1990 Continetal, black on black. I purchased for $500 and drove it every weekend to LA and back from SD 1.5 years owning the car, I had 3 oil changes, never broke down, never leaked nothing for 1.5 years. I even had time to get it painted best ride ever. After I spent 12 hundred in repairs, I traded it in for the Dodge thinking I would avoid repaires with a newer car - never again. Found out all I needed was another $600 in repairs for the 90 Continental, cant change the past, but all in all I am very happy with the E and look to have this vehicle for the next 4 years.

Last edited by slybydesign; 04-30-2007 at 12:32 PM.
post #116 of 144 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 04:17 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 94 E320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think the absolute bottom line is - You won't see many old Hondas and Toyotas out on the road, but you do see tons of old Mercedes out there still functioning. That about says it all!
post #117 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 05:17 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: W210 - E320 - 1997
Send a message via Yahoo to hhrahman77

Welll ,,, i simply had a real fun reading this thread,,, and its not the first time i encounter such an opinion by such a person...

U ask a guy whos driving a Corvette, mustang, jaguar, and so on and so forth and u will come to realize ... Cars are their passion, they love to invest on their ride,,, adding on more bling bling,,,, its not driving to work and home and grocery,,, its driving to burn some rubber, make some honda guys gealous and drooling and yes zooming passs the civic guys,,, leaving the nuts and bolts rattle for a while and the guy inside scratching his head figuring out which part is loose in his ride.....

BENZ adds up definition to ur personality, u step down ur BENZ proud and satisfied u park it in the middle of the road for everyone to see... Its a different WORLD man and its a different LIFE altogether...

bye bye... Mr. Honda Civic,,, thanks GOD.... u found the right club in a very short time...
post #118 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 05:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1983 240d AT; 1993 e320 AT
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I just read the thread and I ain't got the patience to listen to all Mr. Honda's crap bout his former.

I am a proud owner of a '95 C220. Boucght it 2nd hand. Local purchase, not an import. And i must say, other than the initial investment I did on the car on under chassis and brakes (safety related specs and peace of mind!) I just drive it without hitches.

Fact is, in making a pre-owned purchase, it's best to know the history of the car you're buying. For all I know, Mr. Honda never really knew the history of his former.... he being on the shorter end of the stick.

Any car, (Japanese, American, Euro, etc) can cause you an arm and a leg if it isn't taken cared of. Alas! Mr. Honda is one of those few unlucky guys who had to bear the irresponsible ownership of the car's previous owner.

Oh, I almost forgot.... count 25 years from now, let's see which between a W202 and a Honda would one see on theroad tagged a *CLASSIC*...

Nuff said.

Last edited by benzmizer; 07-24-2007 at 05:56 AM.
post #119 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 06:30 AM
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
few questions for you:

1. did you do a carfax on this vehicle before you bought it?
2. did you drive the car before you bought it?
3. did you let an ASE certified mechanic put his name on the line to inspect it?

if you did these 3 things, you should be driving a nice benz. if not, you are driving a POS that was not taken care of before you got it.

secondly, sorry it hit your wallet, but it is a well known fact that dealerships will overcharge you out the ass. I was taken advantage of for over $2500 in my first 6 months but I quickly found an indy MB mechanic with good work and reasonable prices. it's sad that they robbed you, but that's not why they are in business..they are in business to SELL Benz's not work on them for you.

good luck in your next car.
post #120 of 144 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Always Remembered RIP
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Originally Posted by Kirill
You aren't buying MB to save money.
Yes you are

Just to save the hospital bills you would get if you had the same crash in a POS Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or a Kia Spehia.

Those Asian cars might be gas savers but they are without question tin cans.

Reliable tin cans, but still tin cans.

<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: