Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 CDI AVANTGARDE 220000 miles, 98 E300TD Estate AVANTGARDE 141000 miles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mercedes is the best. Mercedes came out with all the technology in the world.
1. In 1936 the first diesel engine.
2. They came with all sorts of traction control. (ASR, ESP, etc.)
3. First car in the world with double glazed windows.
4. First car in the world with air bags and 3 point seatbelts.
5. first car in the world with hydralic suspension (even before citron)
6. first car in the world with air suspension.
All the technology comes from Mercedes. They came out with more than what i have stated, but i forgot most of them.
Also the W140 s-class is known to be the strongest car in the world.
When my father had a BMW, it had quality issues and the head gasket went.
The other BMW's he had, had the same problems. Also a friend brought a V-reg 323i which had 70,000 on the clock. Couple of weeks later the cam sensors went. It they had problems with oxygen sensor. Now it has missfires on the 4th and 6th cylinder. And he says that BMW is better than Mercedes, I don't think so.
Another thing is that 97% of the worlds goverments own a Mercedes S-class
Mercedes is the best
Last edited by mr_benz; 02-27-2007 at 06:34 AM.