MERCEDES BENZ DEALERS not giving LOANERS ANYMORE ? THIS IS REDICULOUS ? - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
I don't know for sure about Mercedes either AML, but I'll bet money the ultimate decision is left up to the individual dealer.
Yes, it absolutely is.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Premium Member
Arrow Not so fast

It’s not true for the domestic dealers. I use to work for GM while I was in collage and the service department was a larger and more consistent source of revenue than sales. This could be totally different with the imports as they are built much better and need less service.
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
McBear,

Since you know that guy well, will you please ask him why they have a problem making a used Benz a CPO? The lack of those sure seems to be their company policy, but the GM I know at Tafel told me MBUSA "encourages" them to CPO anything that qualifies.

I look at the MBUSA Pre-Owned search feature a couple times a week (200 or 500 mile radius) and I have yet to see your dealer offer anything CPO. If any of their used ones have new car warranty remaining, they always point that out.
I know that it costs about $2000 and up, depending on the model, for the dealer to CPO the car. He showed me a very long list of costs that are associated with the CPO process but I cannot pull it from my foggy brain right now. Obviously new tires and battery are about $750 of the costs, again depending on the car. The GM does CPO cars, as I see them on the lot when I do parts runs. I think that he gives the buyer a three pronged option: 1) CPO, 2) third party warranty, or 3) less expensive price. I know that I prefer the third party option as it tends to cover more and, depending on the "brand" is easier to deal with. If, on the other hand, you spend most of your time near your dealer, the CPO is a better deal.

I will try and find out what those costs actually are that are incurred with the CPO process.

Just a note, I purchased a Starmark Benz a few years back that turned out to have been badly wrecked, yet still certified. MBUSA REFUSED to back my claim that it was their issue and they pushed it all to the individual dealer who certified the car. MBUSA policy is that if a CPO car has a certification problem that is not easily resolved, they wear you down in court. That info came from VERY INSIDE information. MBUSA was unbelievably rude and obstinate. They did find out that I am the same. Paul Halata’s security was very nice at the North American Auto Show in 2001 once I explained the problem at Mr. Halata’s press conference.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:29 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2003 C230K Evo
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL THis thread has a stupid title, How is no loaners, a scam? As mentioned before they are not a rite, but a convience.

A loaner fleet is a pain in the ass to keep up.

Keep this in mind, service writers do have control over loaners, and decide who will get them. A good customer will always get one.. If someone I didn't know showed up demanding a loaner, pissing in my coffee, like Im sure the original poster did, well,.... you know the out come.

Would you go to your doctor screaming, demanding shit? He'd tell you to hit the bricks...

A better approach would have been to accept being the new "guy" and get to know the service advisor, see how that works instead, maby after a service or two, they be more than happy to help you out....
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:38 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
Don't most rent-a-car places have a cheap rental option for $20 per day? If the service center promised me my car back in 2 days, and then said it would take 4 days, then I would ask for a free loaner for those 2 days. Otherwise I would not make it an issue. Most people have 2 cars anyways. Why force dealerships to jack up prices to offset the free loaners? IMHO the most important aspect of a service center is getting the job done quickly. I want to get in and out as fast as possible. I want to keep costs low. I don't want a sunshine job.
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:23 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: '04 SL 500, '03 BMW M5, '03 BMW 325i,
The dealer is not going to lower his hourly rate or parts prices regardless of whether or not a loaner/rental is involved. Don't fool yourself. Granted most people have more than one car, but in my case, I am the only one who can bring the car in for service and getting around without a car for me would be a big inconvience.
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 10:34 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
lol, lots of whining & b1tching goin on in this thread.. very simple, don't buy a MB next time!!

my neighbor has a Lexus, and everytime he needs service, a Lexus fella shows up to his door in a new Lexus and takes the car to the dealer!!! talk about customer service..

Gone but not forgotten:
2003 Honda S2000
1999 BMW 540i sport
1995 BMW M3
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 07:08 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 2008 SL550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1x
lol, lots of whining & b1tching goin on in this thread.. very simple, don't buy a MB next time!!

my neighbor has a Lexus, and everytime he needs service, a Lexus fella shows up to his door in a new Lexus and takes the car to the dealer!!! talk about customer service..
Now if he showed up in a new MB...that would really be great customer service...:-)

2008 SL550. Black on Black. AMG Pkg., Parktronic, P1 Pkg.

http://nevadajack.zenfolio.com/
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 07:19 AM
JRW
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 03 G500 & 87 300DT
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yes it is

If the car is under warranty, then they should provide a loaner, no matter what dealer you go to. MB simply doesn't provide the customer service level that is expected when you spend this amount of money. Clearly Lexus and some other car companies get it. MB doesn't.

Nothing like gettting a Geo Metro as a loaner when your S class is in the shop!

03 G500
95 E320
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 07:39 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 2008 SL550
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW
If the car is under warranty, then they should provide a loaner, no matter what dealer you go to. MB simply doesn't provide the customer service level that is expected when you spend this amount of money. Clearly Lexus and some other car companies get it. MB doesn't.

Nothing like gettting a Geo Metro as a loaner when your S class is in the shop!
I am not a fan of Fletcher Jones but the service department in Las Vegas and my SA are the very best. Always on time and provide me a loaner MB automatically...he has a fleet of C Class loaners, all current year or so.

(and I did not buy my S Class at FJ.)

2008 SL550. Black on Black. AMG Pkg., Parktronic, P1 Pkg.

http://nevadajack.zenfolio.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in