Date registered: Jan 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
S500 Flat Battery & No Keys - Help
This is a strange one.....
My best friend died recently. He was the proud owner of an S500 (2001 model). Enough time has elapsed for his wife to start considering selling the car as it is too big for her. I said I would help but the battery is flat & she can't find the mechanical keys - only the electronic key. Fortunately, the car doors are unlocked so I can gain access but I can't find the owner's manual. I have lifted the bonnet but can see no sign of the battery or any charging points. I assume that the battery is in the boot (along with the manual!) but that is locked.
Can anyone offer some advice please?
1) Am I right in assuming that the battery is in the boot or is it under the plastic cover in the engine bay?
2) Is there an accessible charging point under the bonnet?
3) Is there any way to open the boot from inside the car with a flat battery & without mechanical keys?
4) It would help to know what the mechanical keys look like - are they proper keys or cut down emergency versions?
5) Is it possible to obtain a new set of mechanical keys from MB without the key number?
Your comments would be much appreciated.