Certified mercedes benz Tech here - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 04:33 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, Can anyone recommend a good set of manuals for a C250D similar to those screen shots seen on these threads, in the UK we have Haynes manuals which are rubbish -

I have just changed the fuel filter but have no idea where the sealing washers go (only one on the unit I took removed), really need an exploded view of the assembly.

Thanks,
spock500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
DEVOURS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2006 B 200 & Audi A6..
Location: Lake in the woods... Canada
Posts: 5,784
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
It's GREAT to have you on the forum SG, and thanks in advance.

It shouldn't take you long to "surf" around on the various threads here, and you should see a LOT of problems for which you can offer advice.

Good luck with finding some service customers too,

M
Well Streetglower!!! Can your magic fingers find out how or when the rest of the world will be able to get the WIS manual from MB for the B class. There are tons of B class owners out there who want to play safely on them. Thanks, Derek
DEVOURS is offline  
post #53 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 08:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Lecours
Well Streetglower!!! Can your magic fingers find out how or when the rest of the world will be able to get the WIS manual from MB for the B class. There are tons of B class owners out there who want to play safely on them. Thanks, Derek
Is B-class available in the US, Streetglover may not be very familiar with it, perhaps neither on the European service and support.

Anyway, you can buy WIS for a B-class, starting from 4 euros, per hour.
DaimlerChrysler - Service & Parts net

We don't get an unlimited license for cheap, on the other hand I've understood the US owners would not have WIS for brand new models (3 years, is it?).
Diesel Benz is online now  
post #54 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 08:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
DEVOURS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2006 B 200 & Audi A6..
Location: Lake in the woods... Canada
Posts: 5,784
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Is B-class available in the US, Streetglover may not be very familiar with it, perhaps neither on the European service and support.

Anyway, you can buy WIS for a B-class, starting from 4 euros, per hour.
DaimlerChrysler - Service & Parts net

We don't get an unlimited license for cheap, on the other hand I've understood the US owners would not have WIS for brand new models (3 years, is it?).
4 euros per hour to read about my car. I don't think so!!! Remember I bought a B class not an S class( and yes I'm cheap). I'll have to wait for the book or CD, if it ever comes!! Thanks for the info. Derek

Last edited by DEVOURS; 08-28-2007 at 08:49 AM.
DEVOURS is offline  
post #55 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Lecours
4 euros per hour to read about my car. I don't think so!!! Remember I bought a B class not an S class( and yes I'm cheap). I'll have to wait for the book or CD, if it ever comes!! Thanks for the info. Derek
I see you are actually from Canada, I would assume similar service as for the USA and Streetglover could be an expert for this.

I assume you are referring to non-MB books, the MB option would be WIS for the specific car. B-class should have been on sale long enough for the CDs to be available, if they are not, would someone know why?

MBUSA Technical Training
Diesel Benz is online now  
post #56 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 06:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
DEVOURS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2006 B 200 & Audi A6..
Location: Lake in the woods... Canada
Posts: 5,784
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
I see you are actually from Canada, I would assume similar service as for the USA and Streetglover could be an expert for this.

I assume you are referring to non-MB books, the MB option would be WIS for the specific car. B-class should have been on sale long enough for the CDs to be available, if they are not, would someone know why?

MBUSA Technical Training
Thank you again for the direction to MBUSA Technical but unfortunately they couldn't help me. Any book or CD from MB or other would be great. Anybody??? Derek
DEVOURS is offline  
post #57 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 01:27 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: ML 320
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation 2002 ML 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetglower
Just thought I would say whats up. I am a certified mercedes tech in the miami, ft. lauderdale area and still work on mercedes. If you have any questions let me know or if you need any work done.
I am glad I have a specialist to talk to. I have already posted this, but I got no response thus far. I have just aquired a 2002 ML 320 automatic petrol engine and I noticed that the fuel consumption ranges between 22liters/100kms and 25liters/100kms, do you think this is normal? In the users manual I think consumption is indicated to be between 14-18liters/100kms. What do you think could be wrong with my car and what could be done to rectify it?
kindman is offline  
post #58 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 07:51 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindman
I am glad I have a specialist to talk to. I have already posted this, but I got no response thus far. I have just aquired a 2002 ML 320 automatic petrol engine and I noticed that the fuel consumption ranges between 22liters/100kms and 25liters/100kms, do you think this is normal? In the users manual I think consumption is indicated to be between 14-18liters/100kms. What do you think could be wrong with my car and what could be done to rectify it?
You might get better response from the W163 forum. Should describe your driving conditions too, if it is trailer towing at extreme terrain, I guess 25 l/100km (9.4 miles per US gallon) is normal but sounds high otherwise. No fault codes shown in the car?
Diesel Benz is online now  
post #59 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 10:09 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetglower
Just thought I would say whats up. I am a certified mercedes tech in the miami, ft. lauderdale area and still work on mercedes. If you have any questions let me know or if you need any work done.
I got a good one for ya...1999 Kompressor C230 codes P0170, P0171, P0100, P0110 have been on at some time. Car symptoms starts, idles rough and then when you accelerate has a constant misfire. Change out plugs, ignition coils, MAF sensor, air filter, fuel filter and replace all 4 fuel injectors..it seems to warm up it will idle smoothly, but even when warmed up ..when you accelerate it in "Park" it will misfire. Is there a sensor that tells the motor when it is cold or hot that is screwed up and where is it on this motor?
ws50599 is offline  
post #60 of 139 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
Location: Miami, florida
Posts: 1,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindman
I am glad I have a specialist to talk to. I have already posted this, but I got no response thus far. I have just aquired a 2002 ML 320 automatic petrol engine and I noticed that the fuel consumption ranges between 22liters/100kms and 25liters/100kms, do you think this is normal? In the users manual I think consumption is indicated to be between 14-18liters/100kms. What do you think could be wrong with my car and what could be done to rectify it?
sorry if I dont get around to answering everyone. if I dont asnwer its either I dont know what the cause may be, the car is too old for me to really know or i am busy.

anyway you will have to translate this into miles as liters doesnt help me.
Streetglower is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    "Mercedes Benz" Certified frankief General Mercedes-Benz 13 12-03-2006 03:52 PM
    2 Malfunctions on a 1 week old certified benz lordpain W220 S-Class 1 07-09-2006 11:28 AM
    want a new/certified pre-owned benz? ravenr1 General Mercedes-Benz 7 03-13-2006 10:10 AM
    Mercedes-Benz Tech Session - Toronto - April 17th amgbnz Events 1 04-19-2004 08:47 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome