Certified mercedes benz Tech here - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, 2000 S 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Would this be helpful enough: MercedesShopWiki: 722.6 Transmission Fluid and Filter Change

Just remember, the torque converter drain plug was removed late 1999 so you need to drain some fluid via tranny cooler lines if you want to replace almost all of it.

'00 S430
'02 SLK32 AMG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 11:44 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 2002 C320 Wagon
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cabin Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetglower
Just thought I would say whats up. I am a certified mercedes tech in the miami, ft. lauderdale area and still work on mercedes. If you have any questions let me know or if you need any work done.
I have a 2002 c320 wagon. I want to change the cabin air filter and do not find any thing in the passenger footwell area to pull in order to get to it. I would appreciate your instructions very much. Thanks, Jo
post #33 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeim
I have a 2002 c320 wagon. I want to change the cabin air filter and do not find any thing in the passenger footwell area to pull in order to get to it. I would appreciate your instructions very much. Thanks, Jo
Any better if you look under the hood, the right side of the car, just in front of the fire wall?

Or do you mean the carbon filter?
post #34 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 01:30 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 1999 S500
Send a message via AIM to E-Chen
Hoping you can help me out… Okay you know how some of the W140 owners have the rear side door "SunBlinds"… well I wanted a set too and put in a order with my local dealership off the part numbers that I got off our forum prior to doing so I did ask others in the forums if the sun blinds came in any other colors… and was told no just black!

Well first and foremost I have a 1999 S500… when I gave the dealership my VIN # they stated that under my vehicle VIN # there weren’t any "SunBlinds" available as original equipment for the vehicle and under original accessories there wasn’t any available for my vehicle either… and I told the parts department manager there’s no way that they can’t be available and that I have seen these SunBlinds on a number of W140’s (I even went as far as to email him a picture of a set on a W140) and he stated to me that they were aftermarket… I stated no they are not… so here’s the problem that I ran into and am still in (added note they would not tell me what the part number for the product was so I gave them the part number I had instead… “Part’s Manager… was like wow it’s a valid part number and added we don’t give out part numbers but we can order parts for you”)… what the heck does that mean?

Part numbers that I got off of our forum postings…
B6-6-69-1323 left rear sunblind (Color: Black) good
B6-6-69-1191 (Number was updated from B6-6-69-1324) right rear sunblind (Color: Brown) problem…

B/C I ordered it they said they couldn’t return it… and I told them I have no problem paying for the parts but come on one Black and one Brown… I don’t think so and had to talk to the dealership manager to get this item reversed on my credit-card (after having raised hell in front of every single person in there… not good I know)… reiterated to the dealership manager that I have no problem paying for the item but coming on what am I going to do with one Black and one Brown "SunBlind"…? He stated that they were just going off the part numbers that I gave them… and I told him that when I placed the order I asked (like 5 times do they come in any color other than black… was told that B/C the part doesn’t show that it is for a W140 of my year he couldn’t tell me but that he didn’t think they came in any other color “Part’s Manager statement”…

So please help…

What model year W140 did they make this part for… (B/C it doesn’t show that its available for the 1999 S500 W140… but the part numbers I gave them are valid… go figure)!

What is the part numbers for the right side in black… (B/C they have no clue)?

What are the different colors that the SunBlinds come in and what are their part numbers…?

1999 Mercedes-Benz S500
1999 Toyota 4Runner Limited
1968 Shelby GT500KR
1955 Porsche 550 Spyder (Next in line)
post #35 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 02:20 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2014 C250, 1984 500SL, 1994 E320 Cabriolet
I have a 2000 SL 500. I am having a problem with the interior lights. I have no dash or console lights and no power to the radio. I have checked the fuses and tried adjusting the rheostat but still no lights. I think it may be some type of relay but have no clue.
post #36 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 01:29 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Any better if you look under the hood, the right side of the car, just in front of the fire wall?

Or do you mean the carbon filter?
Yes, the carbon filter. I found 2 screws; but, cannot get them to turn?????
post #37 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 02:01 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetglower
Just thought I would say whats up. I am a certified mercedes tech in the miami, ft. lauderdale area and still work on mercedes. If you have any questions let me know or if you need any work done.
Hi yes please help!
I just got my R350 back from the dealer for the 5th time because the SRS Restraint light keeps going off, and after 2 days the darn thing is telling me to drive to the dealership immediately again!. .

Clearly there is something up with this problem. Does Mercedes acknowledge it?
What's the deal with this? The car just turned 1 year old.
post #38 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 02:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes, the carbon filter. I found 2 screws; but, cannot get them to turn?????
Can you clarify, the two screws are for the cover below the instrument panel on the right or did you already get the cover out?

If the cover is your issue, is it then that you don't have the correct screwdriver type, I don't know but it might be a torx.

If you got the cover, then you have to slide the cover of the carbon filter housing out, no screws there. Some notes on the cover too.
post #39 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:41 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Can you clarify, the two screws are for the cover below the instrument panel on the right or did you already get the cover out?

If the cover is your issue, is it then that you don't have the correct screwdriver type, I don't know but it might be a torx.

If you got the cover, then you have to slide the cover of the carbon filter housing out, no screws there. Some notes on the cover too.
Thanks again. No I can't get the cover off. I thought I had all screwdrivers etc; but, what is a torx? Where might i find those. Jo
post #40 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Thanks again. No I can't get the cover off. I thought I had all screwdrivers etc; but, what is a torx? Where might i find those. Jo
a torx is a bit that looks like a star. mercedes bolts are all torx. whether internal or external. you can find them at sears, or an auto parts store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in