LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 04:34 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2007
Vehicle: C220 , 1994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Can U help me please?

Hi, I bought 1994 C 220 beofre 4 months and it started having this cracking problem before 2 months. After runing it few miles in city or high way it sometimes denied to restart once i turn it off... After waiting for few minutes or few ours it again gets started... Before 1 month I parked my car in parking and then on next day it didnt start--just cracked..I waited for while but it continued to crank for 5 days.. on 5th day I removed and again attached the battery--still didnt start. tried to pull the car for 10 feet with muscle power to park it at another place.. After trying all these manuevers it suddenly started when i turned the keys....I drove it to the MB dealer and he was not sure about the problem-he told me it might crankshaft sensor or fuel pump relay---but for last 1 month it never had that problem...never cracked ...I thought the problem is resolved but for last 2 days the car has the same problem. Firtst it happend yesterday i waited for 30 miutes to try again ---and it started..But today it is not getting started--just cracking ----for last 18 hours... I dont understand what it might be..If it is crackshaft sensor---why it ran perfectly without problem for last 1 month..... Anyone has any idea? Please Help-------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-04-2007, 09:42 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: C220 , 1994
i have also noticed that i can smell fuel if it gets start. can this be related to cranking problem?
post #23 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-08-2007, 11:26 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 82 Mercedes 380 SL, & 80 Mercedes 240D
Send a message via Yahoo to ripple1973
I have a 1982 380sl that the flashers and the dash lights do not come on. I have checked the ceramic fuses. They seem to be in good conditon. But my fuse designation is in german. Any help would be appreciated
post #24 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 07:33 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by student123
Hi, I bought 1994 C 220 beofre 4 months and it started having this cracking problem before 2 months. After runing it few miles in city or high way it sometimes denied to restart once i turn it off... After waiting for few minutes or few ours it again gets started... Before 1 month I parked my car in parking and then on next day it didnt start--just cracked..I waited for while but it continued to crank for 5 days.. on 5th day I removed and again attached the battery--still didnt start. tried to pull the car for 10 feet with muscle power to park it at another place.. After trying all these manuevers it suddenly started when i turned the keys....I drove it to the MB dealer and he was not sure about the problem-he told me it might crankshaft sensor or fuel pump relay---but for last 1 month it never had that problem...never cracked ...I thought the problem is resolved but for last 2 days the car has the same problem. Firtst it happend yesterday i waited for 30 miutes to try again ---and it started..But today it is not getting started--just cracking ----for last 18 hours... I dont understand what it might be..If it is crackshaft sensor---why it ran perfectly without problem for last 1 month..... Anyone has any idea? Please Help-------------------
im not sure what cracked means but if i get what ure saying is basically afte u drive it then restat it then u cant start it. if that it then sounds like your crank sensor. usually junk sensor goes open when it gets hot. thats y u cant start the car untill it gets cooled.
post #25 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 07:39 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan
Thanks Streetglower, hope you can help.

I've had my C320 for several years now. While I love how the car drives, its been plagued by all sorts of reliabiity gremlins and multiple visits to the M-B repair shop.

The battery of my C320 drained completely this past week after being parked for a full week with no driving. I had to charge up the old battery to drive the car to a friend's garage to install a new battery. We noticed that after the battery was re-charged, the car defaulted into some sort of "protection" mode (or perhaps it was more reliability gremlins).

However, after the new battery installation, the car persisted in its default mode:
- the car trunk was still not operative - we could only open it manually by inserting the key
- the car's remote would only unlock the doors if pointed directly into the sensor embedded in the driver's side door (the remote still could not open or unlock the trunk)
- the signal lights (blinkers) and emergency flasher were not working
- the windshield wipers and fluid were not working
- the fuel display was incorrect
- the instrument panel displayed error messages for ESP, SRS and a generic display which stated the "faulty display" (or something like that).
- the car's transmission or engine appeared to react differently (lower power)

I was able to reset the ESP as per the MB manual. But since my mechanic friend was unable to reset any of the other errors/modes/alarm, I took my car to the MB dealership. I had hoped to save some money by changing the battery myself. But MB is now asking for at least Cdn$163 just to have a computer technician "inspect" the car. Other charges will be pending.

Do you have any ideas on how to rectify this? I think this could be some sort of simple "reset" procedure. I believe the car is built in with a "protection" mode in case thieves try to steal the car by disconnecting the battery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
when u jumped ure car battery did u have the key out of the ignition? cause from the surge u could mess up ure eis which could cause problems.
post #26 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 07:42 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
Hi and welcome, which models do you specialize in? Diesel, gasser, new ones needing the OBD II diagnosis, old ones like the W115 and w108, or youngtimers like the 123, 107, 124 and 126?

Have you seen any of the W210s with the spring perch failure problem? Do you hate working on the W140 and W220?
i just started working on mb bout year n half and so far i seen bout 7-8 .spring perches. when i 1st saw them i was like WOOOOOOOOOOW lol
post #27 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 08:18 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2007
Hi, I just bought 86 300e with 53000 original miles and I can't get the power seats to work.
post #28 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 08:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 300SD
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsttimebenz
Hi, I just bought 86 300e with 53000 original miles and I can't get the power seats to work.
Have you checked the seat switches and relays?
post #29 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 06:18 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2007
Exclamation

All I have checked so far was the fuse. I wasn't sure how to get the switches apart and i don't know where the relay is located.
post #30 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Exclamation DIY Possibly? PLEASE?

Would it be possible for you to take pics next time you change the tranny oil on a 2000 E320 and post a DIY here? That would be a great! we really need one.
Thanks

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in