Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 02:39 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed; 2008 E350 4MATIC Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Streetglower.....here's a bit of a puzzle for you, and thanks for offering your knowledge and experience! Several W204 C300 manual trans owners have noticed a slight and intermittent chatter/vibration when engaging the clutch in 1st to move off a standstill. The chatter seems to go away if ESP is turned off, although revs and speeds are so low moving off a stop, that it doesn't make sense that any part of ESP would be activated.....also, engaging at a higher rev (1500rpm or so) also overcomes the chatter, although higher engine speed clutch engagement would seem to invite MORE ESP involvement ...any thoughts? Thanks!

Sportstick
2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed SOLD (Just visiting! Went to the other side!)
2008 E350 Sport 4MATIC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 139 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2009
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
hi streetglower i have 94 e420 n iam having a problem with cranking it turn over but want crank uless i hit the gas peddle someimes then it would start but it would act as if it would have a miss but woild smooth out could u give some sort of in sight on this issue
post #123 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got an 81 380 SEL. Had it parked for a couple of weeks well I got my new toy a 64 220b. Started it a couple of weeks ago and ran it ( the 81 ) went to fire it up yesterday and it cranks but won't fire. It has fuel. It hasn't done this before. Could it be the fuel filter, pump or fuel pressure regulator. If so how can I check this myself.

Thanks ahead

Sean
post #124 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 02:49 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2009
Streetglower...2005 C240 Leaking Rear Windshield! Help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I purchased a 2005 C240 from my uncle shortly before he passed away. The Car is like new with 14k miles on it. he had it garage kept. I have had it in the driveway and this past week it rained all week. Got in the car and it stunk to high heaven. Looked around and noticed rear drivers side passenger lap belt water stained, ran my hand up inside seat edge and foam was soakinf wet. I released the rear seat latchs and can see water running down the wires in the rear column next to where a passengers shoulder would be. They looked like they led up to the rear window defroster connection and water was running down them and then dripping into the head column liner and seat foam....Seems to me the way the Benz C240 Rear Windshiled is installed is just with a rubber edge ring and some heavy duty adhesive. What do I do? I am afraid the dealer will charge me a fortune for this issue. HELP! My wife is ticked off. Car smells like a dead buffalo!
post #125 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 04:14 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Vehicle: 2006 ML350
2006 ML 350 Electrical issues

I am having a ton of electrical issues. This morning as my fiance was leaving for NC to pick her daughter up from school, the windhsield wipers would not work and then the hood open alarm came on. The hood was definately closed, but we opened it and closed it again. The wipers did not work, but when the hood open alarm came on again, they worked. I checked all the fuses but nothing was bad. Any kind of reset? It seems that this car has a myriad of electrical or software issues. It always seems to be a software update is the answer I get from the dealer. I am sick of taking this car back and forth to the dealer, it is a bit of a hassel as they are 30 miles away from home. Thank god we just bought the extended warranty.

Steve
post #126 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 05:35 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Hello all. New to the forum and searching the forums to get some basic knowledge... I would like to know where and how to change out the existing Air Filter for a 07 C230 Air Filter. Finding the Cabin filter was easy enough. Is there another forum to ask specific C230 questions? Thanks
post #127 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 05:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverbz View Post
Is there another forum to ask specific C230 questions?
Yes.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #128 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 06:19 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Anyone going to respond to this or are questions just going to keep piling up?
I purchased a 2005 C240 from my uncle shortly before he passed away. The Car is like new with 14k miles on it. he had it garage kept. I have had it in the driveway and this past week it rained all week. Got in the car and it stunk to high heaven. Looked around and noticed rear drivers side passenger lap belt water stained, ran my hand up inside seat edge and foam was soakinf wet. I released the rear seat latchs and can see water running down the wires in the rear column next to where a passengers shoulder would be. They looked like they led up to the rear window defroster connection and water was running down them and then dripping into the head column liner and seat foam....Seems to me the way the Benz C240 Rear Windshiled is installed is just with a rubber edge ring and some heavy duty adhesive. What do I do? I am afraid the dealer will charge me a fortune for this issue. HELP! My wife is ticked off. Car smells like a dead buffalo!
post #129 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverbz View Post
Hello all. New to the forum and searching the forums to get some basic knowledge... I would like to know where and how to change out the existing Air Filter for a 07 C230 Air Filter. Finding the Cabin filter was easy enough. Is there another forum to ask specific C230 questions? Thanks
At the bottom of the page you will find forum jump, use this to select the appropriate forum.

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #130 of 139 (permalink) Old 05-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead223 View Post
Anyone going to respond to this or are questions just going to keep piling up?
You'll want to post your query in the W203 section.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in