New 4 stroke engine - Page 10 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 449 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ya surely 4 stroke engine is better for Mercedes cars.Enjoy the ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 449 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: Mercedes 508 D
(Thread Starter)
The issue very much often raised, important for aviation :
Yeah I just wanted to clarify this matter of the weight "be greater" for my solution.
She is very often raised, as the lack of the advantage of my engine.
And it is of course the untrue, but intellectual ‘box’ are ordering to think so, that it is a truth.
As a token of it I did taking off the weight on which I put the valve with the spring and spring retainer(witout retainer locks) diametef full phi 32 mm ( diameter canal 30 mm),
And I other side Piston , rod, pin,and two rings diameter 38 mm , what is a greater dimension than a valve has him considerably.
In spite of it, in the photograph done by me clearly one can see, that much he is heavier unite the valve.
If not you believe, go to scrap, find and take the piston with the connecting rod from the old lawnmower and about the same diameter valve with the spring from some car engine.. I think that you will be not having to use scales, because after taken into one hand piston, and into second of valve, you will be sure knew what was heavier.

If now will add to the moving weight of valve ( the reciprocating mass) rocker arm, mecanical regulations of clearance valve (or very heavy hydraulic valve lifter( tappet)) taped (ewentualy push rod). it sure it will turn out that the weight of the valve is twice as bigger from set piston –rod same diameter.

However, that's not all in relation to the weight.
He is reaching to valves static weight so things like valve quide in heads, and rocker arm shaft.
One should also add the weight not chosen materials of the head, about the diameter piston. and lengths of his cylinder.
For lowering static mass of the engine one should add the lack bolts for screwing the head, since altogether cylinders around wit cylinder valves it is possible easily to make one-piece steel out, and then aren't needed bolts to the head together with threaded with their nests.
Adding this static reducing the weight, we receive altogether the piston valve is three times lighter than the traditional valve.!!

And greatest loss of engine mass.Piston valves mass, at the same diameter like valves, they cause that he is arriving about 15 % of jumping volume of the engine. That is mass of the engine is also reducing about 15 %.

In net part all about termal efficiency.I am only attention, so most important in combustion chamber, are TEMPERATURE elements.

Andrew
post #93 of 449 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 07:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliks Andrew View Post
The issue very much often raised, important for aviation :
Yeah I just wanted to clarify this matter of the weight "be greater" for my solution.
She is very often raised, as the lack of the advantage of my engine.
And it is of course the untrue, but intellectual ‘box’ are ordering to think so, that it is a truth.
As a token of it I did taking off the weight on which I put the valve with the spring and spring retainer(witout retainer locks) diametef full phi 32 mm ( diameter canal 30 mm),
And I other side Piston , rod, pin,and two rings diameter 38 mm , what is a greater dimension than a valve has him considerably.
In spite of it, in the photograph done by me clearly one can see, that much he is heavier unite the valve.
If not you believe, go to scrap, find and take the piston with the connecting rod from the old lawnmower and about the same diameter valve with the spring from some car engine.. I think that you will be not having to use scales, because after taken into one hand piston, and into second of valve, you will be sure knew what was heavier.

If now will add to the moving weight of valve ( the reciprocating mass) rocker arm, mecanical regulations of clearance valve (or very heavy hydraulic valve lifter( tappet)) taped (ewentualy push rod). it sure it will turn out that the weight of the valve is twice as bigger from set piston –rod same diameter.

However, that's not all in relation to the weight.
He is reaching to valves static weight so things like valve quide in heads, and rocker arm shaft.
One should also add the weight not chosen materials of the head, about the diameter piston. and lengths of his cylinder.
For lowering static mass of the engine one should add the lack bolts for screwing the head, since altogether cylinders around wit cylinder valves it is possible easily to make one-piece steel out, and then aren't needed bolts to the head together with threaded with their nests.
Adding this static reducing the weight, we receive altogether the piston valve is three times lighter than the traditional valve.!!

And greatest loss of engine mass.Piston valves mass, at the same diameter like valves, they cause that he is arriving about 15 % of jumping volume of the engine. That is mass of the engine is also reducing about 15 %.

In net part all about termal efficiency.I am only attention, so most important in combustion chamber, are TEMPERATURE elements.

Andrew
What?

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #94 of 449 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: Mercedes 508 D
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
What?
Yes ,Yes. You like to know everything with the smallest details.
These are they :

All detail about photo:

Poped Valve : weight only poped,springs,taper all 176,5 Gram.
Diameter 32 mm
diameter open canal 28,5 mm.

Piston with rods, pin, two rings , weight 160,5 Gram
Diameter 38 mm - it's 25% more poped in diameter( some weight are they grow with the square of the radius) . Canal 38 mm .

Such a difference, that for the stability, one should add the biggest weight from the set to this scale

Andrew
post #95 of 449 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 07:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Andrew,

Please find someone with even half-decent mastery of English to write your posts for you. As it is, your stuff makes NO sense. You may well be the greatest engineer of our time, but I can't make heads or tails of what you're saying.

post #96 of 449 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
I had no problems to understand that last Feliks reply address concerns about his invention higher weight in aviation applications.
The picture clearly shows that his distributing piston is lighter than traditional valve, what would be very promising if they come from engines having the same HP.
Can't wait to see one of those babies in action? Feliks?
post #97 of 449 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
I had no problems to understand that last Feliks reply address concerns about his invention higher weight in aviation applications.
The picture clearly shows that his distributing piston is lighter than traditional valve, what would be very promising if they come from engines having the same HP.
Can't wait to see one of those babies in action? Feliks?
You won't see one of those in action in aviation for the following reasons:

1. Piston power has not been used in new-build transport-category aircraft since the 1950s, so any advantages this design might have over them are completely irrelevant.

2. To get the general aviation community to get behind a fundamentally different engine design, said design better be half the cost and/or half the weight or less of the current engines (which this will likely be neither).

3. Good luck getting a design with no track record past the FAA/JAA.

If you don't believe me, google the Thielert engine debacle.

post #98 of 449 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 02:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

As far as I know there are millions of piston powered aircrafts flying around the World every day.
Per Feliks statement his design might deliver several times more hp per weight than present designs and the engine seems to have less expensive parts, than the one with valves, but with only partial technical test it is still long shoot.
I agree on bureaucracy.
post #99 of 449 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 05:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
As far as I know there are millions of piston powered aircrafts flying around the World every day.
Re-read my post. Carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1
Per Feliks statement his design might deliver several times more hp per weight than present designs and the engine seems to have less expensive parts, than the one with valves, but with only partial technical test it is still long shoot.
But it won't (from the looks of it) deliver more hp per unit weight than a turbine engine and turbines have been in use since before WWII. The fundamental problem with most of his designs is that there is no compelling reason to develop them.

post #100 of 449 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 09:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

The only WWII turbine powered fighter was a Messerschmidt that didn't play any significant role. Lot of those piston fighters are still flying. Have seen Mustang showing off over ski resort this month.
Don't want to dig the archives, but in partial test Feliks claims to convert Fiat's 126 engine from 21 HP to like 90 HP monster. That's what I call promising.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in