Where do I got about getting a front end headlight conversion for a 1998 to a 2003? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Where do I got about getting a front end headlight conversion for a 1998 to a 2003?

C280?

Is this possible as in kinda easy/not extremely expensive? Or do I have to replace the fenders and hood and bumper to get that Gen of headlights? It is for my dads car, He does not like the 98 headlight style and he wants what is on the 2003 C series mercs...

I came here because I don't know much about Merc mods because I am a Nissan modder...

Any help would be awesome...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 11:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: '07 GL320CDI
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
E class can't be converted to C-class headlights except by customizing by a body shop.

Not a realistic idea.

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'07 GL320CDI
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 09:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Tech
C280?

Is this possible as in kinda easy/not extremely expensive? Or do I have to replace the fenders and hood and bumper to get that Gen of headlights? It is for my dads car, He does not like the 98 headlight style and he wants what is on the 2003 C series mercs...

I came here because I don't know much about Merc mods because I am a Nissan modder...

Being as you are a Nissan modder, let me give you an example of what you're trying to do. Is it possible to put headlights from a '94 300ZX onto a 86 300ZX? What's that you say? One is retractable and one is not? Details, details.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
hmm, Ok, so it has not been really thought of by any merc owners to put on better looking headlights on there cars? I mean for Nissans I have seen may front end conversions on Gen4(95-96) Maximas to the other Gen 4(97-99) maxima front ends. but it really is just a bumper and grill tough...

The modibility is endless. I would figure it would be almost the same for a benz.

So this is not realistic and I would need to change out everything than?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 12:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 97SL500R129, 01ML320W163, 94E320W124 & 93500EW124
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Tech
hmm, Ok, so it has not been really thought of by any merc owners to put on better looking headlights on there cars? I mean for Nissans I have seen may front end conversions on Gen4(95-96) Maximas to the other Gen 4(97-99) maxima front ends. but it really is just a bumper and grill tough...

The modibility is endless. I would figure it would be almost the same for a benz.

So this is not realistic and I would need to change out everything than?
A.Tech - I think this kind of conversion is rarely done on MBs. Usually if an MB owner want the next Generation over his current car - He just buy a new one. There are exceptionally good conversion kit for say like a 300CE front end conversion to look like an SL. But, in general posers are not well liked. It's like converting a mustang to SL or Fiero to Ferrari. Thus, you can see very few of those conversions on MBs.

Just my observations.
Ed
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
o, Ok, I get ya. Well like I said, It is not my car and my Dad just wanted the better looking headlights but he can't afford a new Merc...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
BTW If it matter it is the Sport edtion if that matters... I really did not know the difference between the regular and the sport edtion..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
First of all, no, it is not that unusual to want better headlights. The "state of the art", at least for Mercedes, are the Bi-Xenons. I have a 2001, and wanted to upgrade my regular Xenons to those - I was told they were not available as OEM when my car was new, so no dice.

Being a modder yourself, you must know that nearly anything is possible, given the knowledge and ingenuity. I gave up on my idea, because I did not want to butcher my Benz. By this I mean new fenders, body shop, etc.

Lastly, I'd pose your question on the C280 sub-forum. There are bound to be a few owners there that have a similar desire.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
O, ok, thanks man...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in