post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 05:39 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 2006 ML350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Here is what should be done at the A and B Services, according to MB's Flexible Service System (FSS)--I think it was for the W220 chassis':

A-Service — First visit at approximately 10,000 miles or 1 year, but determined by Flexible Service System; then every 20,000 miles or 2 years.
Services performed:

That makes sense. For the new ML, the manual lists services 1 through 9, and a combination of them is used at various mileages. For example, at 13k miles (first svc) you perform a svc 1 and 3. This service sounds like svc A

2006 ML350 Pewter/Ash, Trim Pkg, Sunroof Pkg, Entertainment Pkg, NAV, Heated Seats

2012 BMW F10 528i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 11:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta
That makes sense. For the new ML, the manual lists services 1 through 9, and a combination of them is used at various mileages. For example, at 13k miles (first svc) you perform a svc 1 and 3. This service sounds like svc A
When did MB stop using the FSS? W/ the new models in '06 and '07 or is it just for certain models like the ML?

Don't believe everything you think
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 09:12 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2003 C230K Evo
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
When did MB stop using the FSS? W/ the new models in '06 and '07 or is it just for certain models like the ML?
That system on the ML is FSS Plus..
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 09:14 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2003 C230K Evo
It's only on certain models. Mercedes is getting rid of flexible service and just going with regular fixed intervals with 2007's
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 01:03 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2003 C240 4matic
I do not utilize an actual Mercedes dealer for my service because I feel I am lucky enough to have a place even better than a franchised dealer to care for my car. To top it all off, I can walk there from home! Check out their site...www.ayereuropeanauto.com. They always have some good eye candy on hand! My last service was about a month ago and my car was calling for a B service. I brought it in and had Ayers perform their 100K mile service since I was at 97,000 miles. They changed every fluid in the car, transmission, transfer case, brake, coolant...everything that was liquid. They also installed new plugs, all new filters (air, pollen, etc...) mounted my 4 snow tires and gave it their complete chasis inspection which is everything from bumper to bumper including road test. Sound expensive? I thought my $972.00 bill was quite reasonable. Am I wrong?

Last edited by cahdealah; 12-22-2006 at 01:11 PM.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 04:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahdealah
I do not utilize an actual Mercedes dealer for my service because I feel I am lucky enough to have a place even better than a franchised dealer to care for my car. To top it all off, I can walk there from home! Check out their site...www.ayereuropeanauto.com. They always have some good eye candy on hand! My last service was about a month ago and my car was calling for a B service. I brought it in and had Ayers perform their 100K mile service since I was at 97,000 miles. They changed every fluid in the car, transmission, transfer case, brake, coolant...everything that was liquid. They also installed new plugs, all new filters (air, pollen, etc...) mounted my 4 snow tires and gave it their complete chasis inspection which is everything from bumper to bumper including road test. Sound expensive? I thought my $972.00 bill was quite reasonable. Am I wrong?
That is a good price! I hope they use OEM parts and trained techs.

I always take my car to the dealer for service because they are part of the official MB computer network and know things about my car that neither I nor any independent can possibly know. They know every little thing that has ever been done to my car through their international VMI (Vehicle Maintenance Inquiry) system maintained by NetStar, I believe. When I bring the car in they check their computer system for maintenance items that need to be done. And when the car goes into the shop they plug it into their OBD II system to uncover any "malfunctions" that may have occurred since the last service. They are also on MB's notification system that alerts them to new Recall and Campaign issues that need to be fixed. I always feel a lot better when I leave there, except of course, for the bill...

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 06:42 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2003 C240 4matic
They do use OEM parts and all of their techs are former MB dealership employees. Here in Maine we are only blessed with two actual franchised dealers, one in Portland and one in Bangor. I live over an hour from each location. Ayers is, in my opinion, better than the dealer for a few reasons. They are car guys through and through, it's their passion not just their job. They have all of the latest MB diagnostic computers and access to everything a franchise dealer has. Ray even has a paint booth he imported from Germany and uses the same factory brand of paint for body repairs. I am in the car business and I am aware of what your first thoughts may have been when I first mentioned an independent and believe me, I would not trust my wifes safety to second rate service work. Ayers is different, they know these cars inside and out and can rattle off differences in models, years, motors and much more without hesitation. They actually turn work away if they do not service that brand. They refused to service my Land Rover because they did not have the proper diagnostic computers. I like that. I am a Buyer for a Subaru and Toyota dealer, my wife is a Finance Manager for the largest GMC dealer in the country so we have plenty of options available to us as far as cars go. With our network of people in the business, I still would not trust my (our) car to anyone else. Also, trust me, he is not shy when it comes to the bill...at all...ever. Some of them have almost knocked me over, but I also feel better when I leave knowing that someone with a passion for my car was the one caring for it.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 10:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahdealah
They do use OEM parts and all of their techs are former MB dealership employees. Here in Maine we are only blessed with two actual franchised dealers, one in Portland and one in Bangor. I live over an hour from each location. Ayers is, in my opinion, better than the dealer for a few reasons. They are car guys through and through, it's their passion not just their job. They have all of the latest MB diagnostic computers and access to everything a franchise dealer has. Ray even has a paint booth he imported from Germany and uses the same factory brand of paint for body repairs. I am in the car business and I am aware of what your first thoughts may have been when I first mentioned an independent and believe me, I would not trust my wifes safety to second rate service work. Ayers is different, they know these cars inside and out and can rattle off differences in models, years, motors and much more without hesitation. They actually turn work away if they do not service that brand. They refused to service my Land Rover because they did not have the proper diagnostic computers. I like that. I am a Buyer for a Subaru and Toyota dealer, my wife is a Finance Manager for the largest GMC dealer in the country so we have plenty of options available to us as far as cars go. With our network of people in the business, I still would not trust my (our) car to anyone else. Also, trust me, he is not shy when it comes to the bill...at all...ever. Some of them have almost knocked me over, but I also feel better when I leave knowing that someone with a passion for my car was the one caring for it.
Sounds like you have a fantastic indy! They are few and far between so support them whenever you can!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in