LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes benz E300TD Turbo Diesel wagon 1987

have this 1987 or 1986 E300TD turbo diesel wagon the bin No. is WDBEB93DXHF035977. Had this car almost 10 years now and only this year a few months back i had a problem when i apply a brake.
when i apply a brake when i am nearing a hump, and my speed is almost at a stop, the pedal hardens or push back, so i have to let go and push the pedal back again to still reduce speed. I noticed the brakes on the right front wheel is the one that engaged earlier than other tires cuz as if it leads the car to right.
had it analyzed, the mechanic said it might be along the ABS sensors that might have a defect. so through process of elimination we disconnect the cable above the engine which leads to the ABS harness along the front tires and the problem was solved. i did not encounter those problems anymore, but quite annoying because you can see the light light up in the instrument cluster under ABS.
So i didnt want that i want it to function, so they recommended to clean the "gear like portion" what you may call it? where the ABS sensors are located behind the front wheels, because they say if it is covered with dirts or anything that will also make the ABS sensor malfunction.
After cleaning it, we connected the cable again which connects the harness of the ABS sensor and it was running well again, but not for long only weeks then back again. (But i noticed this time when i encounter this pedal hardenning on an almost stop speed, it doesnt go to the right anymore, maybe they were engaging at the front wheel at the same time?)
They say i have to change the ABS sensors itself. But i was hesitant because if the sensors itself is damaged the ABS light should light up and if damage how come sometimes it works and sometimes not. If damaged then it should not work permanetly right? i wanted to inquire first before accepting his verdict, cuz this quite an expensive part and i have the left and the right to change if that was true.
I know the Mercedes Benz make good quality parts and does not get damaged in a few years time especially parts as delicate as this where you hang your life on the road?
can you help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in