My Parents and the silver arrow - Page 10 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: '94 E320 Coupe W124 (RIP) - '75 280S W116 - '11 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-Spd (DD)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Benz
Thank God your finally doing something for you then, so pick up your balls and go buy a car, if it is your money tell your Dad where to go, my Dad had some imput into the car I got but I expected it as he was by and large paying for it. If it's your money you sould do what you want with it, whats he going to do?

Anyway this thread has been full of advice for you and you don't seem interested in any of it, what were you hoping for some form of mind control for your Dad?
He's going to stop me. My parents idea is to be responsible with my money and they don't want me going out and spending all the money i've made in several years. Does this mean I won't be able to afford the Mercedes over the long term? no. I have connections which provide me with an opportunity to make money. Do I respect their ideaolgy? yes.

Why dont' I seem interested in any of it? I'm studying the replies and trying to find a pattern that deems unanimous and suits my situation, which then I will base my decision off of.

Why do I seem like I'm in denial of some of the advice? To make sure I'm being precise and covering every aspect so that I know what I'm doing. This is a big sentimental moment, my first car. I don't want to make an acquisition to later find out I could have gotten something better for my money and enjoyment.

Last edited by chinny4290; 12-18-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 02:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1993 300SEL (Sold) 2001 530i
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinny4290
He's going to stop me. My parents idea is to be responsible with my money and they don't want me going out and spending all the money i've made in several years. Does this mean I won't be able to afford the Mercedes over the long term? no. I have connections which provide me with an opportunity to make money. Do I respect their ideaolgy? yes.

Why dont' I seem interested in any of it? I'm studying the replies and trying to find a pattern that deems unanimous and suits my situation, which then I will base my decision off of.

Why do I seem like I'm in denial of some of the advice? To make sure I'm being precise and covering every aspect so that I know what I'm doing. This is a big sentimental moment, my first car. I don't want to make an acquisition to later find out I could have gotten something better for my money and enjoyment.
Haha, thats all codeword for: "I'm waiting for something I want to hear" exactly what is your Dad going to do anyway to stop you?
post #93 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: '94 E320 Coupe W124 (RIP) - '75 280S W116 - '11 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-Spd (DD)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Benz
Haha, thats all codeword for: "I'm waiting for something I want to hear" exactly what is your Dad going to do anyway to stop you?

THe honest answer? I truly don't know.

But probably be very upset with me, find a scapegoat (most likely my mom as he does all the time), humiliate me in front of family and friends (whcih is why I have the mindset of worryin about others' opinions, more particularly of me), cause havoc within the family that my family can't afford right now...

Why i have the mindset of worrying about others' opinions and situations? Well, you said my example was more minority...but not where I live, which is the demise of my generation. So it all comes down to credibility, even when i down tallk the "lil rich kids" (there's nothing wrong with a little assistance from the 'rents, its the spoiled ones). I want to set an example, I want to be looked up upon when regarded, which occurs with my brother, 24, currently who's very successful and has been. I want my family to tell my cousins: Hey, look at Chris, he worked hard and bought himself a Mercedes for his first, hard work pays off. I want friends to say, Hey, chris is a good kid and he works very hard. And I do worry about myself as an individual. I want to be unique, particularly in this car business, which is why I decided I want a car that isn't popular/common among my age group.

If I had this very conversation with my dad, it would have ended up very ugly. Am I askin for sympathy? No. Advice? yes because I wouldn't have gotten the advice forwarded to me that I read with my very own eyes.

so My apologies for causing anyone aggravation in this online community.

Last edited by chinny4290; 12-18-2006 at 03:52 AM.
post #94 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you can't get your dream car now, you can always get it later.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind a new Accord for a first car.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in