BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: C + E + SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to NT2OOO Send a message via Skype™ to NT2OOO
(Thread Starter)
D2b Fiber Optic Line-out Interface

With this interface you will be able to connect an aftermarket power amplifier to comand/aps system.....
It's a good idea?

Well, but this interface is not available at now. It's not a joke... it's real

I have contacted an Italian industry PASER ELECTRONICS ( http://www.paser.it/int/index.php?lang=en ), they can product this interface but their minimum request it's 1.000 pieces because D2B is an 2 years older fiber optic protocol replaced by MOST interface.....
cost of realization is near 100/120 Euro, time of realization near 3 months.

How many vehicles uses D2B fiber optic at now? many many many
How many owner want to install a big amplifier without cannibalize their COMAND 2.0? or replace original BOSE amplifier with another amp with better performance?

Any reply is appreciated.

contact to: d2b_audio_interface@fastwebnet.it

P.S. for Admin/MODs: sticky message is possible?

My garage:
Black 300SL-24 '91 + US Light + Rear restyle light
White 250SL '67 All Original Historical Vehicle
Silver C270CDI SW '02 All Original
Black E430 4MATIC SW '01 All Original
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 05:48 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2000 E 320 4Matic, '03 (50th anniv.) Corvette, '00 Land Rover Disco II, '85 Chrysler LeBaron Conv't
i'm always looking for a simple solution to my "underachieving" Bose system....

U see a hottie at a party & go up to her & say, I'm fantastic in bed- That's Marketing
U R at a party with friends & see a hottie, a friend goes up to her & says U R fantastic in bed- That's Advertising
U R at a party & see a hottie, U walk up to her & pour her a drink. U open the door for her, offer her a ride, & then say, By the way, I'm fantastic in bed- That's Public Relations
U R at a party and see a hottie, she walks up to U & says, I hear U R fantastic in bed- That's Brand Recognition!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 01:43 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I just bought a new aftermarket Pioneer Avic-Z1 to replace my factory system in my 2002 CLK 430. I need to know if the existing system in my car is fiber optic or just a old fashioned wired system. Someone told me that in order to install my new system that I would have to bypass the Bose system and install all new wiring and new speakers. Is this true? Can anyone help me? I just spent $1750 on unit and don't want to pay extra installation cost due to Mercedes having a specialize, non-standard Bose system.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 11:16 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: MB E300 AMG 2013, Toyota Land Cruiser 2013, CLK 320 2005, Mini Cooper S 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenkut13
I just bought a new aftermarket Pioneer Avic-Z1 to replace my factory system in my 2002 CLK 430. I need to know if the existing system in my car is fiber optic or just a old fashioned wired system. Someone told me that in order to install my new system that I would have to bypass the Bose system and install all new wiring and new speakers. Is this true? Can anyone help me? I just spent $1750 on unit and don't want to pay extra installation cost due to Mercedes having a specialize, non-standard Bose system.
If your car is 2002, then for sure it's a fiber optic, because fibre optic started from models 99 onwards.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:10 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: '02 CLK55 (sold) / '06 Cayenne Turbo S
Sorry to contribute to a highjacked thread, but:

It doesn't matter if it is fiber optic or not. The fiber is inconsequential for your application. You have plain old copper wire from the head-unit to the amp and from the amp to the speakers. Just hook up your head unit using something like the Metra VW radio harness. Plenty of people have, including me.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 02:41 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExEngineer
Sorry to contribute to a highjacked thread, but:

It doesn't matter if it is fiber optic or not. The fiber is inconsequential for your application. You have plain old copper wire from the head-unit to the amp and from the amp to the speakers. Just hook up your head unit using something like the Metra VW radio harness. Plenty of people have, including me.
Sorry for the highjacked, but you guys reading this thread can help save me some headache.

Question: How do I use this Metra VW radio harness? I was under the impression that the entire system running from headunit to amp to speakers were fiber optic. Thanks for that revelation. With that being said...where can I buy one of those VW radio harness? Does the VW stand for? My avic z1 will be here on Friday. The installers here where I live seem to be unaware of this technological breakthrough. They are telling me that I have rewire the whole vehicle. What are your thoughts (farsal and ExEngineer)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in