These Honda Pop-ups sure are irritating - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 11:45 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 500SEC, ML430, SLK230, S600
Location: Houston, Texas, United States of America
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Toyota sells more cars than Mercedes-Benz. Does that make a Toyota better than a Mercedes-Benz, Jayhawk? The Camry is statistically more popular than the S-Class. Maybe you should rush to trade your S500 in for a Camry.

Microsoft has been successful due to their numerous OEM contracts, which have prevented most other operating systems from gaining any type of traction on the desktop. Most people aren't interested in choosing an operating system when their machine ships with Windows, and Microsoft is fully aware of that.

You posted desktop statistics provided by a single Web analytics firm. However, you have conveniently overlooked the adoption of Linux within the embedded application and server market. Most of the services you take for granted on a daily basis are powered by Linux or another flavor of Unix. In fact, over 60% of Web servers are powered by Apache, which is most commonly used with a *nix operating system. Meanwhile, 74% of the world's 500 most powerful supercomputers, including the two most powerful, run Linux.

The most striking piece of irony regarding the statistics you posted, of course, is that they were collected by Hitslink. Most people running Linux either disable or forge that kind of data due to their privacy concerns, which obviously results in a lower perceived market share.

In conclusion, you need to recognize that, while Microsoft certainly dominates the desktop market, their products are used much less frequently for mission critical, high availability, and high performance applications. Your argument isn't unlike saying, "If a Mercedes-Benz is better, then why does everyone seem to like Ford?"
Corsica is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 11:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
asianml's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 11,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
You bash people all the time, and for a lot less than that...
I do not deny that. However it helps when you have people that have the opinions as you, and back you up as well.

Whereas you have no friends on the forum to back you up. So you're usually the odd man out, and that makes you look bad.

Please provide any shred of evidence where I have bashed people, single-handedly, just as you usually do.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

asianml is offline  
post #43 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 11:47 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 500SEC, ML430, SLK230, S600
Location: Houston, Texas, United States of America
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
You bash people all the time, and for a lot less than that...
I noticed that your profile indicates you are a behavioral psychologist.

You're comparing yourself to asianml, a 15-year-old, and the 15-year-old is clearly winning. How, dare I ask, does that make you feel?
Corsica is offline  
post #44 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 11:56 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 500SEC, ML430, SLK230, S600
Location: Houston, Texas, United States of America
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianml
I do not deny that. However it helps when you have people that have the opinions as you, and back you up as well.

Whereas you have no friends on the forum to back you up. So you're usually the odd man out, and that makes you look bad.

Please provide any shred of evidence where I have bashed people, single-handedly, just as you usually do.
ML owners have to stick together!
Corsica is offline  
post #45 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 12:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica
Toyota sells more cars than Mercedes-Benz. Does that make a Toyota better than a Mercedes-Benz, Jayhawk? The Camry is statistically more popular than the S-Class. Maybe you should rush to trade your S500 in for a Camry.

Microsoft has been successful due to their numerous OEM contracts, which have prevented most other operating systems from gaining any type of traction on the desktop. Most people aren't interested in choosing an operating system when their machine ships with Windows, and Microsoft is fully aware of that.

You posted desktop statistics provided by a single Web analytics firm. However, you have conveniently overlooked the adoption of Linux within the embedded application and server market. Most of the services you take for granted on a daily basis are powered by Linux or another flavor of Unix. In fact, over 60% of Web servers are powered by Apache, which is most commonly used with a *nix operating system. Meanwhile, 74% of the world's 500 most powerful supercomputers, including the two most powerful, run Linux.

The most striking piece of irony regarding the statistics you posted, of course, is that they were collected by Hitslink. Most people running Linux either disable or forge that kind of data due to their privacy concerns, which obviously results in a lower perceived market share.

In conclusion, you need to recognize that, while Microsoft certainly dominates the desktop market, their products are used much less frequently for mission critical, high availability, and high performance applications. Your argument isn't unlike saying, "If a Mercedes-Benz is better, then why does everyone seem to like Ford?"
Excuses, excuses! Losers always have a million of them...

0.37% --Get over it!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #46 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 12:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica
I noticed that your profile indicates you are a behavioral psychologist.

You're comparing yourself to asianml, a 15-year-old, and the 15-year-old is clearly winning. How, dare I ask, does that make you feel?
I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but why don't you...
Attached Images
 

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #47 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 12:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
asianml's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 11,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but why don't you...
I always knew you had some reading comprehension problems, but I never knew it was this serious.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

asianml is offline  
post #48 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 12:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianml
I do not deny that. However it helps when you have people that have the opinions as you, and back you up as well.

Whereas you have no friends on the forum to back you up. So you're usually the odd man out, and that makes you look bad.
...
Now you are starting to sound like a 12 year old... Grow up!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #49 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 12:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica
ML owners have to stick together!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #50 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 12:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
asianml's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 11,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Haha. Jayhawk, you sir, are the one that needs to grow up. You sir, are the one that continues to call people names. You sir, are the one everybody dislikes because of your stupidity, ignorance, and outrageous behavior.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

asianml is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Honda/Acura XGA (Replacement to Honda S2000) firstmb Off-Topic 9 04-06-2006 09:35 PM
    Pop, Pop, DING Duo-Art R171 SLK-Class 7 10-28-2005 08:23 AM
    Irritating rattle IMD R230 SL-Class 4 07-11-2005 11:02 PM
    no other problem can be as irritating than this jeffreyli86 W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 2 05-11-2005 01:55 PM
    Has anyone modified the irritating headlight buzzer sound before? RafMAR W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 13 09-30-2004 01:09 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome