Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Big problems CLK430.

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  autozen 
#1 ·
My 2000 CLK430 is now having exceleration problems. Its like a delayed reaction....I will hit the gas peddle to increase my speed and the car doesnt do anything for a few seconds. Last night it was having problems going above 40 MPH, the car would shake.....specially at stop lights....the check engine light has also just came on. I am taking the car to the dealership ASAP. Any ideas on what this nightmare could be seeing that I still owe 16 G's on the car!!!!

#3 ·
MDCLK430 said:
My 2000 CLK430 is now having exceleration problems. Its like a delayed reaction....I will hit the gas peddle to increase my speed and the car doesnt do anything for a few seconds. Last night it was having problems going above 40 MPH, the car would shake.....specially at stop lights....the check engine light has also just came on. I am taking the car to the dealership ASAP. Any ideas on what this nightmare could be seeing that I still owe 16 G's on the car!!!!
if you are not sure what wrong, you can stop by the nearest Autozone and have the OBDII hook up to find out the error code., that way you already have an idea when you take it to your dealer.

#6 ·
Personally I think you would be wasting your time going to Autozone. You won't get all the codes if you get any at all. A Snap-On scanner won't even give you all the codes. I've been through this many times. I've come to the conclusion that I wasted money Buying the cartridge, the MB-1 connector, and the keys for my Snap-On scanner. You need a good Baum or factory scanner. If it were that easy why would MB shops spend up to $10,000 for a scanner when they could get one for about $100 from Autozone? Fortunately I have unlimited access to a Baum. I go through all the motions with my Snap-On, and then hook up the Baum and get all the codes I need.

#7 ·
It could be an emissions or a fuel problem. Could be something expensive, could be something very simple. Just take the car in and get it checked out. Keep your cool in the meantime, it may be something very minor.

#10 ·
alans1 said:
Check the MAF. BTW I went to Autozone to try and use their scanner on my '02 E55 (BAS Fault) and although the cable connector looked like it should fit it would not mate with my underdash connector. What gives?
Most times you won't get all the info from there. You will have to go to the round plug by the right front fender. THe scanner should still hook up to the under dash plug, because it is standard OBDII.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.