post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:32 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2003 C230K Evo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1
Aren't all those points part of Service A and B ?
Yes these steps are included in the A/B service but the average Mercedes with flexible service is brought in once a year +/- a few months. If you bought your car in the spring, you'll usually be back every spring for service. That means the car could be serviced in March and be eight months no service and then driven through a full winter... quite a while to just hope everything is working right!

Also, alot of people just get their oil changed at the dealership, not the A and B service.

If you put on lots of miles and do a service every few months than it isn't neccesary.

Last edited by Canadian_Yeti; 11-20-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 07:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1120 Post(s)
I know that winter with the snow is much harder, that the rain season I experience here, but I think you are badly overdoing the inspections.
Owning 10 motor vehicles plus bunch of garden equipment and tools I wouldn't have time to use them, if I would follow your advise.
The only thing I am worry about are batteries, when I park a vehicle for 6 months.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Arrow Canadian_Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Yeti
If you put on lots of miles and do a service every few months than it isn't neccesary.
Good point I think C_Y. If you'll look at the pre-owned MBs on the market, you will notice that very few for sale have been driven more than an average of 15,000 miles per year - most have been driven fewer than that.

What this tells me is the following: Most people buy a Mercedes as a "nice weather/Sunday driver vehicle", and keep them in the garage while the "daily beater" sits outside and accumulates the mileage.

I am one of those too - I have 2 other cars that I work from (outside sales) but I do my best to maintain them also. I drive Benzie mostly for pleasure, and it is the most frequent occupant under my carport.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in