Why do women drive better than men? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 11:03 AM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1993 W201 190E 1.8i
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my first GF was an amazing driver, particularly at night out in the country.
her weapon of choice was a Peugeot 205 1.1L, followed by a VW Golf 1.4L.
she drove them like go-karts, but i always felt safe.

London, however, is crammed full of terrible drivers. Male, Female, of all colours and creeds. City driving makes even the most patient driver crazy from time to time...

Women are slowly edging further and further into motorsport, but i think the fact that men have earned so much more money for such a long time is quite an important factor.

'93 W201 Euro 1.8568 Signalrot • 16x8J Evolutions
W201 ROTM February 2007

Sponsored Links
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 11:05 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 1980 380 SE (Euro)
dunno...gotta say i drive waaay better than my mum.. i don't even like her driving my benz. it's a shame really.

and statistically yea, women drive better... do you know why? because there male drivers.

oh yea, cell phones + women + car = disaster. NEVER mix. i've seen it too many times, one moment they're driving just fine, then they pick up the cell and become a road hazard.

post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Thumbs up Prana25

Originally Posted by Prana25
I believe it's more a question of temperament, not skill.
Well put Prana25!

We were saying the same thing, but you put it so much better (need I add more analytical?) than I did.

To my way of thinking, you won't piss anyone off with your comments.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 12:54 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 04 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Musikmann
Well put Prana25!

We were saying the same thing, but you put it so much better (need I add more analytical?) than I did.

To my way of thinking, you won't piss anyone off with your comments.

I completely read that in your post - I just decided to expand on it.

I usually get blasted for things that deal with statistics, deductive reasoning, anything scientific. As I'm sure you know, most people prefer to look at situations in an idealistic light vs. empirical evidence. Of course, we can't change a negative situation unless we look at the truthful cause of it - no matter how much it may hurt our ego.

I think integrity and objectivity are the two easiest traits to claim to posses, yet the hardest for people to actually display. Both usually require the exclusion of personal feelings towards a subject, which is near impossible for most.

Thanks for the kind words.
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 01:28 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 2003 SLK 230
Originally Posted by amcnair
When I met my wife, she had a Monte Carlo SS. She raced a friend of mine in his Corvette one night. She passed him on a narrow street against oncoming traffic, scaring the crap out of him. Then she got a Fiat Spider that she drove year-round, fishtailing and sliding around every corner she saw in the Indiana winter. Whenever we go on a trip, if she drives for a while I have to read a book, take a nap, anything. I just can't watch her drive.

Other than tagging the doorframe of our garage a few times in her minivan, she's never been in an accident. Go figure.

That's funny that you say you just can't watch her drive. I'm the same way with my wife. I absolutely refuse to let her drive me anywhere ever again. I'd just rather not know or hear about how many times she's almost killed herself or hit someone in traffic with her SLK. Guess I'm not alone after all.
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 02:58 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 1990 300SEL
My wife didn't like to 300SEL at first because she couldn't stomp on it from a red light.....even the kids have remarked how fast mommy likes to drive. However at the same time she is very patient in traffic, waits her turn, doesn't cut off anyone, and is generally respectful, even says that she needs to go when were talking on the cell phone when traffic is heavy. No accidents, at all.

So my question is....where's the fun driving like that?

I think they drive purposefully and are just completing the task of getting from a to b, where as we men still see the act of driving in it self as fun
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 04:19 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 2008 C230 4MATIC; 2008 ML320 CDI 4MATIC
Why do women drive better than men? - you must be smoking something gooood...

I can't say that all women don't know how to drive, but most of them care more about putting make up on their faces while driving than driving itself.

Last winter I got rear-ended by a women in a minivan right after a snow storm. I got out, asked her if she is ok and what happened. She said that the car wouldn't stop. Then she stepped out of the car while leaving it in drive, therefore hitting my car yet another time. I don't know a single male that would forget to shift out of drive even after an accident. I rest my case...

92% of all people suck at math. I am a part of the 9% who don't.

Current Cars:
2008 ML320 CDI 4MATIC (W164) - Silver/Black
2008 C230 4MATIC (W204) - White/Black

Past Cars:
2002 E320 (W210) - Silver/Black - Sold due to rust
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 05:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: C230
Well I will tell you this...as an insurance agent....if there is a wife & husband on the same auto policy & if the husband drives a truck, I'll put the wife as the primary drive on the truck. It actually saves them a bit of money.
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 05:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No way on Earth are women better drivers. Safer drivers? Yes. Well, no actually, not with my experience.

Damnit. They're just bad.

There are times when I'm better than my mom whose speed fluctuates on the highway sooooo often. One minute she'll be going 50, the next she'll be at 70, then down to 45, and up to 65.........

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-11-2006, 12:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Corkscrew
I have always wondered why women usually have better driving skills than men. In really difficult situations in urban traffic they perform better then men. Why is that? Is it simething in their motor skills? Perhaps they are better readers of other drivers. Sure, out in uncongested roads men just lay on the accelerator...but when it comes to clever in-city driving they do better. Why is that?

I think that the only time men to better is when you compare men and female motorcycle drivers.
My experience has been quite the opposite... But I suspect you expected to hear that.

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: