Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What exactly is "Sight & Light" package?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Musikmann 
#1 ·
After looking closely at many vehicles sold on Canadian market, my wife and I are now very close to deciding on getting a B200, but some of the items in the Premium Package sound a bit obscure for these first time MB owners, and the brochures or website don't explain them either.

We'd like to know what exactly is "Exterior Sight & Light" package and "Seat Comfort" package? I'm posting this in general forum since I know both are offered on at least A and B class, so I'm guessing they might be offered on other classes too.

#2 · (Edited)
Seat Comfort

I know nothing about the ES&L package, but I think SC might be the massaging seats that are offered (as an option I think) on most of the top-end classes. This could also mean the heated/ventilated seats, or maybe some combination of these 3 features. It's also possible that SC means premium leather - these are the only possibilities I can think of. Congrats on your new Mercedes!

#4 ·
Let us know once you find out!! Never heard this package before.

Also might want to try mbfanatics.org and see what they have to say. Most of the members are from Canada.

#6 · (Edited)
Marconelly

Marconelly said:
B class is not exactly top-end Mercedes, so something like massaging seats sounds a bit excessive. It could be extra leather fitting though, I guess I'll find out soon enough.
No it's not, and that's not exactly what I meant, sorry. It's just one of what I would define as a "seat comfort" option in general terms. I think you might be correct about the extra leather fitting, that sounds reasonable.

#7 ·
I got an answer from a member at mbfanatics.org

B200Turbocvt said:
Hi I have B200 Turbo and the description of the sight and light package is that you have automatic headlights including back lights turning on/off automatically and you also have some feature on your key to turn on lights from your remote key before or after leaving your car.
I have also figure out what the Seat Comfort package is:

This british website explains it as:

Seat Comfort Package - height adjustable front passenger seat/seat cushion angle adjustment & lumbar support for driver and front passenger

http://www.broadspeed.com/cgi-bin/bsc/conf.../id=11013/rs=FP

So it's not motorized seats, but it does give you more manually controlled comfort options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.