post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2003 S430 Sport Edition
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Street Pilot II Generation

Mercedes-Benz Accessories GmbH is now offering two new mobile navigation units as a retrofit solution, aimed in particular at A-Class, B-Class and C-Class customers. The Mercedes-Benz StreetPilot II and StreetPilot II Plus offer ergonomic on-board integration, deliver clear voice output and feature a high-resolution TFT colour monitor. The large, logically positioned touchscreen controls make the compact unit simple to operate, and the clear menu structures are extremely easy to follow.

A special mount allows the Mercedes-Benz StreetPilot II units to be attached directly to the dashboard of the A-Class, B-Class and C-Class. This optionally available solution offers several advantages: the central positioning means that the unit is equally easy for both driver and front passenger to operate and read. It also means that the view of the monitor is not affected by irritating vibrations. The mount offers the greatest possible safety for the vehicle occupants in the event of an impact too, as the results of the crash test according to ECE R21 (head-impact test) show.

Eddie
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 09:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
My $99 antenna + software installed on my laptop is giving me voice command with voice recognition system. That's on the top of lot features those small gadgets will never offer.
I don't know how reliable those small things are, but the Hertz's own GPS system mounted in Hummer didn't find satellites on 60-miles drive.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 04:00 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 500E, E320 Wagon, C32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Garmin Streetpilot works well. I got two of them. The older one, I got about four or five years ago. Up to now, it's still working perfectly. Of course the maps inputted are a little bit old (doesn't have the newer streets) so every now and then, you'll have to wing it but otherwise, it's fine. BTW, I got an external antenna. Without it, you won't get coverage in between the tall buildings of SF.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in