LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 04:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by asianml
Ah got it. But I think the OP was exaggerating a little when he said everything was covered. I'm assuming when he says everything, he means everything that would qualify as warranty work, wear & tear items excluded.
Have you ever heard that old saying about what happens when you ass,u,me anything??? Where do you fit into that picture????

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 04:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The "me" part.

Went over the original post again. The OP said "Bosch Car & Truck Services of Curacao." Doesn't mean it applies to everywhere else.

Would be great if the OP showed back up to clarify things for us.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Last edited by asianml; 10-14-2006 at 04:22 PM.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 2003 S430 Sport Edition
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
No this is a new service for the island from Germany. Maybe it will be available in the US.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 06:21 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In the UK Mercedes are offering Service Plus. It covers all servicing costs, plus discs, pads, exhaust and all wear and tear items (e.g if gearbox fails they replace labour and parts) up to 6 years old and 120,000 miles whichever comes first.

If you smash COMMAND with a hammer it's not covered (deliberate damage). If you carry scaffold poles and one bangs against Command and breaks it, then it is not covered (accidental damage). But if it just breaks down or fails to work they repair or replace it free of charge.

So it covers all service costs and is virtually an extended warranty as well. On my S 320cdi the cost is about £700 per year ($1200) payable as £62 per month. The price is fixed and will not rise at all for the whole period up to the 6th anniversary of first registration.

Looks a good deal and so far those who have claimed say it does just what it says on the tin.

You can take it out from new or wait till the 3 year warranty in UK runs out and then join. The price depends on when you join. My car is a year old and the quote was for 12,000 miles per year. To do 15,000 miles per year would cost about 20% more.

ML350cdi Sport
E220cdi Estate Avantgarde (sold)
S class 320 cdi 2005 (sold)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: