B Service Rip Off - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 295 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 01:57 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
The Workshop MB's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 1988 300 TE. 2001 ML 55AMG The Shop is Open!!!
Location: Oakland, Ca
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Marcus, you posted this in the CLK 208 forum...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusF
.....Has anyone on this list used these guys? I'm hoping to hear a five star testimonial. This sounds like the kind of service the non-DIY type could really use.

Lastly - I don't know these guys, don't receive any compensation, and have never used their services. I simply like the idea. If anyone uses there services and their engine fails, cat dies, or their significant other has silicone based "expansion issues", I cannot be held responsible. This has been a public service announcement from Cover My Rear, LLC.
Well, I said it was my last post there, but for your sake MarcusF I posted the following:

here is a client response that I think you will appreciate... (Read first, Post #61, then read Post #66)

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/gene...rip-off-7.html

Happy Benzing!!!
The Workshop MB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 295 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
coachb's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: 1998 SL 500
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Marcus, I agree we should have an Indy shop section here. In the meantime anyone that needs help can go to *****************. They have a tab on their home page for shops, listed by Country and State.
coachb is offline  
post #83 of 295 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 09:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If anyone is really serious about an Indy thread here, you might want to post a request in this thread: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sugg...ew-forums.html

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #84 of 295 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2006
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I am all for an indie mercedes service shop. Maybe with competition we can get these crooks to lower their prices and stop the customer abuse at the dealerships.
doccyber is offline  
post #85 of 295 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 12:40 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Nov 2006
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doccyber
I have a 2005 SLK 350. I took it my dealer yesterday for "B" Service. On the invoice, The total cost was 314 Dollars. This included 94 Dollars worth of oil, filter, O ring, Washer fluid fill up. Thre rest was "labor" at 209 Dollars ( The diff was tax. etc.). The funny thing is that they had the car for less than one hour. How can they charge this much for labor when they had the car for less than one hour? I demanded to see their labor rate, which they refused to show me. They said this is just how much things cost. I feel that I got ripped off for what basically amounted to an oil change by MB. I paid because I wanted to get the car back to get to work. What can I do now? They did admit that if I just had gotten an "oil" Change it would have been 125 Dollars. But service B requires them to check the car's fluid levels and Brake pad wear. I just cannot see how they can justify charging this much for some visual inspection of fluids and brakes that takes no more than a few minutes max. I am calling MB customer service to complain. Do I have any other options? Have you guys paid this much before? Thanks
gee, I'm the one who feels ripped off as I am paying $450 for a B service on a 99 C280!...I asked how much to replace the spark plugs and they told me an additional $409! I think I could save $$ by learning to work on my car my damn self!
troyhart is offline  
post #86 of 295 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 01:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyhart
gee, I'm the one who feels ripped off as I am paying $450 for a B service on a 99 C280!...I asked how much to replace the spark plugs and they told me an additional $409! I think I could save $$ by learning to work on my car my damn self!
Welcome a-board!!

Both of those prices are reasonable, and the fact it's a '99 C280 doesn't change much. My dealer charges $59 for a Mobil 1 + OEM filter change, which includes a 27 point check of the car. They charge about $250 for a full A Service and about $450 for a full B Service. My car has 16 platinum spark plugs and changing those costs a lot more that $409. FWIW...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #87 of 295 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 01:25 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Apr 2007
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
service rip off

For simple maintenance you are just getting the rookies to work on your mercedes. They didn't even know how to tighten the oil plug. Oil was leaking all over my garage the last time I had them do it.
Their trained technicians took about two months to discover a break in the wire under the seat which kept breaking every time they put a new fuse in. Who knew the obvious that wires under the seat can break from the constant moving of the seat. I would not brag to much about their techs.

Anyway if you want a $400 oil change go for it. Me I had someone change the oil, filter, air filters, coolant flush all for $60. Done in less then an hour. I just bought the parts.
virtualwebman is offline  
post #88 of 295 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 01:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
MarcusF's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 CLK430
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You must have gotten the greenest rookie in your part of the country. Mercedes dealers on the west coast don't use the drain plug. They use vacuum.
MarcusF is offline  
post #89 of 295 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 03:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Mercedes Benz of Florida's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mercedes-Benz S500. Sold: 2000 C230K, Sold: 1997 Porsche 944S
Location: New York City, NY, USA
Posts: 1,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mercedes Benz of Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by doccyber
I have a 2005 SLK 350. I took it my dealer yesterday for "B" Service. On the invoice, The total cost was 314 Dollars. This included 94 Dollars worth of oil, filter, O ring, Washer fluid fill up. Thre rest was "labor" at 209 Dollars ( The diff was tax. etc.). The funny thing is that they had the car for less than one hour. How can they charge this much for labor when they had the car for less than one hour? I demanded to see their labor rate, which they refused to show me. They said this is just how much things cost. I feel that I got ripped off for what basically amounted to an oil change by MB. I paid because I wanted to get the car back to get to work. What can I do now? They did admit that if I just had gotten an "oil" Change it would have been 125 Dollars. But service B requires them to check the car's fluid levels and Brake pad wear. I just cannot see how they can justify charging this much for some visual inspection of fluids and brakes that takes no more than a few minutes max. I am calling MB customer service to complain. Do I have any other options? Have you guys paid this much before? Thanks

BEFORE they raped you/ummm ripped you off, DID YOU ASK ABOUT THE PRICE OF SERVICES?
Or did you blindly give them the keys?
Or did they hoodwink you and change the prices?

If you did not ask about the cost of Service A or B or ANY OTHER service
SHAME ON YOU!
Don't let the Stealership plush surroundings and austerity scare you into not
asking how much so and so costs.

There are dozens of postings, thousands of responding posts re: Service A and B rip offs and what all they charge.
Its WHY this board exists. For DIY'ers.

Lesson learned; ASK what something costs BEFORE they start a service.

Charles
New York City, NY
Richmond County

United States of America
Mercedes Benz of Florida is offline  
post #90 of 295 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualwebman
For simple maintenance you are just getting the rookies to work on your mercedes. They didn't even know how to tighten the oil plug. Oil was leaking all over my garage the last time I had them do it.
Their trained technicians took about two months to discover a break in the wire under the seat which kept breaking every time they put a new fuse in. Who knew the obvious that wires under the seat can break from the constant moving of the seat. I would not brag to much about their techs.

Anyway if you want a $400 oil change go for it. Me I had someone change the oil, filter, air filters, coolant flush all for $60. Done in less then an hour. I just bought the parts.
Let us know when your engine blows...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Service A and Service B both = Rip off??? TresX C208/A208 CLK-Class 4 10-06-2010 05:46 PM
    Gonna rip the service advisor Monday CP1 R171 SLK-Class 4 07-18-2005 01:56 PM
    Service A and Service B both = Rip off??? TresX C208/A208 CLK-Class 0 05-25-2003 09:53 PM
    OT: Did my service advisor rip me off? (long) APD R170 SLK-Class 10 07-23-2002 01:41 PM
    ML Maintenance requirements-- Is B-Service a rip off? ... JPinTO W163 M-Class 18 02-14-2002 05:41 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome