Mercedes Reliability ? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 03:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donatello
hi dontello here i am a taxi driver for 16 years driveing merks 11 years a pal of mine
had a guy in his t,,,, . and he was saying he works for germen car makers he finds lecy
parts for them. so he had to go to china he got what he wanted in chinda they said the part
was 99.7 perfeck, he went back to germans it works vvv well 99.7 ,they said it WORKS TO GOOD WE WANT ONLY 84 or 87 not 100 pr sent they want to bild in sum faults , so you have to go back meark and put on there computers more money for them, now you no. but they have gone overboard and fuck up there GOOD NAME
Hey D. your "phonetic spelling" is driving me crazy... Please click on that little "ABC check mark" in the upper right corner of your message box BEFORE you hit the Submit Reply button. Thanks...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 06:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
MarcusF's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 CLK430
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreinhardt
Not Really ! I have seen many topics that debate the reliability. I am not debating it. Its obvious that the Japanese cars in general are more reliable. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Toyota/Honda fan trolling this site. I currently have a 2007 E350, a 2005 C230 before that, and a 1998 C230 before that. I am a devout MB lover. I do agree that the more technically advanced a cars is, the more that could go wrong. However, the Lexus cars are just as advanced and more reliable than their MB counterparts.
What auto manufacturer had the single largest safety recall in US history? Last year Toyota set the record. What auto manufacturer had the second single largest safety recall in US history? The year before last, Toyota set that record. Two record breaking recalls in the last two years. What exactly are you basing your claims on?
MarcusF is offline  
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I don't think anyone can deny that MB has had some reliability issues over the past few years. I don't work for any of the competing companies. I have been a proud MB owner for 8 years and actually refuse to be a part of the Japanese car "TREND". I don't base my car buying decisions strickly on reliability but I would like to hear the defense of MB when it comes to reliability. Seems that these threads tend to get personal instead of supplying hard facts.
jreinhardt is offline  
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 07:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jdc1244's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 18,534
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreinhardt
Seems that these threads tend to get personal instead of supplying hard facts.
You ain't seen nothing till you visit the BWOT....

My cars are reliable.

The new ones are not because to built to the standards my 126s and 123 were subject to a new C class thing would cost $300,000.
jdc1244 is offline  
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 10:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreinhardt
I don't think anyone can deny that MB has had some reliability issues over the past few years. I don't work for any of the competing companies. I have been a proud MB owner for 8 years and actually refuse to be a part of the Japanese car "TREND". I don't base my car buying decisions strickly on reliability but I would like to hear the defense of MB when it comes to reliability. Seems that these threads tend to get personal instead of supplying hard facts.
Here's a hard fact: You claim "not to be a part of the Japanese car "TREND" yet here you are trying to rub our noses in it! You are a poser! Get lost!!


Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Jayhawk, please try to keep a lid on the personal comments here, and save them for OT. If you don't like the topic, it's easy enough to ignore -- thank you.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 02:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
MarcusF's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 CLK430
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,681
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreinhardt
I don't think anyone can deny that MB has had some reliability issues over the past few years. I don't work for any of the competing companies. I have been a proud MB owner for 8 years and actually refuse to be a part of the Japanese car "TREND". I don't base my car buying decisions strickly on reliability but I would like to hear the defense of MB when it comes to reliability. Seems that these threads tend to get personal instead of supplying hard facts.
I believe I’ve supplied some hard facts. Toyota had to recall over 975,000 vehicles last year on a single safety related recall, and over 800,000 vehicles the previous year on another safety related recall. Would you say Toyota has had some “reliability issues” over the past few years? Is it your contention that the other Japanese manufacturers haven’t? You can’t mean Nissan, they had to recall several hundred thousand Altimas because the headlamps are faulty. Looking at Honda, they have the exact same problem; several hundred thousand Accords with suspect headlamps. Mazda is recalling every US Rx-8 sold to check if the engine is still good, so you can’t mean them. Exactly which Japanese manufacturer hasn’t had issues over the same period that you claim Mercedes-Benz has had problems?
MarcusF is offline  
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 10:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusF
I believe I’ve supplied some hard facts. Toyota had to recall over 975,000 vehicles last year on a single safety related recall, and over 800,000 vehicles the previous year on another safety related recall. Would you say Toyota has had some “reliability issues” over the past few years? Is it your contention that the other Japanese manufacturers haven’t? You can’t mean Nissan, they had to recall several hundred thousand Altimas because the headlamps are faulty. Looking at Honda, they have the exact same problem; several hundred thousand Accords with suspect headlamps. Mazda is recalling every US Rx-8 sold to check if the engine is still good, so you can’t mean them. Exactly which Japanese manufacturer hasn’t had issues over the same period that you claim Mercedes-Benz has had problems?
W/ all due respect, this is a little like arguing w/ the hit man who has been hired to take you out... Don't waste your time.

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 09-03-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Jayhawk is offline  
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wow!
I Am Not Trying To Take Anyone Out. I Own Mb Vehicles, Not Japanese. You Can't Totally Discount Consumer Reports Can You? I Like The Way Everyone Gets Personal. Mb Cars Look Better, Drive Better, Handle Better, And Are Safer Than Almost Any Other, But If You Think That They Are As Reliable As Toyota, Then You've Been Living In A Box For 15 Years.
jreinhardt is offline  
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 02:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreinhardt
Wow!
I Am Not Trying To Take Anyone Out. I Own Mb Vehicles, Not Japanese. You Can't Totally Discount Consumer Reports Can You? I Like The Way Everyone Gets Personal. Mb Cars Look Better, Drive Better, Handle Better, And Are Safer Than Almost Any Other, But If You Think That They Are As Reliable As Toyota, Then You've Been Living In A Box For 15 Years.
All I can tell you is that I've had my car for nearly seven years and have driven MBs since 1970 (280SL), and have had any number of Japanese cars in the family over those years, and w/out a doubt there is NO comparison: The MBs are far superior in every way. You can state statistics all day long, but nothing can change my actual experience. Besides, if you really wanted information on this subject, there are thousands of posts on this board that get into this subject in a serious way; which is why I suspect that you did not start this thread w/ the serious intention of having yet another discussion of MB reliability. It has been discussed ad nauseum here: Just do a search if you really want to join the discussion and provide input.

People come on this forum all the time w/ nothing more in mind than bashing MB and trolling for a "fight." I can't prove that is your motivation, but I have been around long enough to strongly suspect that may be. If it is not, sorry, but if it is I just ask that you do us all a favor and go back to the Toyota forums. And if you really want to discuss MB reliability, please check out some of the many other long-running threads here dealing w/ the subject.

This is all I have to say because I am unsubscribing from this thread.

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 09-03-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Mercedes-Benz's Reliability! Haris General Mercedes-Benz 41 03-06-2008 11:45 AM
    88-89 S class mercedes gets "B" in reliability ilikemercedes W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 13 02-04-2008 06:16 PM
    OT: Testament to Mercedes reliability. ridinsmooth W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 15 03-08-2006 06:29 AM
    mercedes reliability bbacon R171 SLK-Class 25 11-02-2005 07:11 AM
    Mercedes benz reliability is going down the "you know where!" mclasser W163 M-Class 2 07-07-2005 06:17 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome