post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 09:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
Your car obviously should never have been certified in the first place. You were the unfortunate victim of a dirty deal by a couple of flim-flam artists/dealers.

At the very least, MBUSA should have investigated those two dealer's business practices and pulled their franchises. Well, that's in an ideal world isn't it? If they did that, they might not have reached that quarter's sales targets

I'm glad you posted what you did. You have shown me, and eveyone else reading this thread, that when buying a used CPO Benz, "buyer beware" still applies!

BTW, I noticed you are in KY. I have been to Tafel several times, and to James once looking for used cars. The KY dealer closest to me (formerly Sim Fryson, now owned by Giant Auto Group) bent me over big time.

The general manager for Tafel is a great guy named Lewis (Louis maybe, I don't have his card). who has always been helpful and very friendly. I would buy a car from them in a heartbeat. I only know one of the salesmen at James, and although nice enough, he pre-judged me and my level of interest so blew me off. I seriously doubt that I would ever buy a car from them.

Regards,
Dave aka Nusikmann
Lexington is a good 90 miles closer than Louisville. If you come to Lex to look for a car again, PM me and look me up. I will hook up up with either one of the salesmen that I know or the General Manager, Mark Gold. He is a real good guy and will make sure you get taken care of. Just as an FYI, the James dealership has a couple of x racers as salesmen and are real car guys and know their stuff. If you hooked up with the little French guy, he can be hard to read but is very nice once you get to know him.

Once you buy from them, they really take care of you. And no, I am not in any way connected to the dealer. I have just bought 4 cars from them. So I guess I have paid for their redecorating.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
James Motorcars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Lexington is a good 90 miles closer than Louisville. If you come to Lex to look for a car again, PM me and look me up. I will hook up up with either one of the salesmen that I know or the General Manager, Mark Gold. He is a real good guy and will make sure you get taken care of. Just as an FYI, the James dealership has a couple of x racers as salesmen and are real car guys and know their stuff. If you hooked up with the little French guy, he can be hard to read but is very nice once you get to know him.

Once you buy from them, they really take care of you. And no, I am not in any way connected to the dealer. I have just bought 4 cars from them. So I guess I have paid for their redecorating.
Hi McBear,

Lexington is closer for me than Louisville too, but you probably already knew that. I live in Huntington, which is 15 miles from Ashland (Sim Fryson), 140 miles from Lex and 200 from Louis.. I am dating a woman in Louisville, so that's what makes Tafel so easy

Thanks for the FYI. LOL, you mean James aka Jim Roché don't you? That's the guy! Actually, I kind of liked him too - the primary reason I didn't buy the E430 I looked at there was that it had no options at all. The only good things about it were 37,000k, just off lease, and cosmetically perfect. Plus, he said they would not CPO it and that was a hot buttom of mine - it clearly would qualify. He said it costs them too much money - $1500.

Thanks a lot for the offer, I'd like to look you up and meet the GM and ex-racers. I'll be in touch.

Regards,
Musikmann

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Arrow Benz Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz Devil
A while ago, I read something about CPOs. It said, car manufacturers developed CPO concept to get rid of their lease returns.

I have never bought certified Mercedes before. But I have bought certified Homo Civics and Toileta Camry (Sry guys, I was a college student with thin pocket back then). I drove Civic until around 100,000 miles (until the CPO warranty) and traded up to Camry. Both experiences were great since I had nothing to worry about. Warranty took care of it.

Thanks for the article. It was worth to read.
I think getting rid of their ex-leased cars was certainly a factor also.

HEY, don't feel sorry for having had a Camry - I'm still driving a 1991 LX 2.5L 6-cylinder that had belonged to my father (only 94k and still running pretty well). That is what some people on here call their "daily beater" - haha. Plus, this puppy was assembled in Japan, and looks and handles a lot like an old Lexus. A friend of mine told me to keep it for those very reasons.

Glad you enjoyed the read,
Muskimann

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 02:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
Hi McBear,

Lexington is closer for me than Louisville too, but you probably already knew that. I live in Huntington, which is 15 miles from Ashland (Sim Fryson), 140 miles from Lex and 200 from Louis.. I am dating a woman in Louisville, so that's what makes Tafel so easy

Thanks for the FYI. LOL, you mean James aka Jim Roché don't you? That's the guy! Actually, I kind of liked him too - the primary reason I didn't buy the E430 I looked at there was that it had no options at all. The only good things about it were 37,000k, just off lease, and cosmetically perfect. Plus, he said they would not CPO it and that was a hot buttom of mine - it clearly would qualify. He said it costs them too much money - $1500.

Thanks a lot for the offer, I'd like to look you up and meet the GM and ex-racers. I'll be in touch.

Regards,
Musikmann
You have already met one of them. Roche raced in Europe in several high level series in the sixtes and seventies before coming over here. He was hit by a drunk driver in the late seventies which blew his hip apart and ended any racing. He has several cars in storage. The man is a stitch once you get him started. I am surprised he did not want to CPO the car. They must have been clearing out their end of lease cars. They get VERY clean cars there.

Just let me know when you are in the area and we will have lunch.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Roche

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
You have already met one of them. Roche raced in Europe in several high level series in the sixtes and seventies before coming over here. He was hit by a drunk driver in the late seventies which blew his hip apart and ended any racing. He has several cars in storage. The man is a stitch once you get him started. I am surprised he did not want to CPO the car. They must have been clearing out their end of lease cars. They get VERY clean cars there.

Just let me know when you are in the area and we will have lunch.
He didn't tell me that (ex-racer or accident), so thanks for the info. I knew his hip(s) were bad because of the cane and he used a golf cart to drive us over to see the E430.

He knew a lot about Huntington, and asked me to keep "an eye out" for old beer cans from the long-since defunct brewery we had here. For what this is worth, it was called Fesenmeier or Fesenmeyer, I can't be certain which one. So he has a collection of old beer cans, along with the cars you mentioned!

A Friday or Monday lunch would work better for me because those are the days I'll be driving to Louisville on my way to the girlfriend's. I think I will be over there this coming weekend, but the plans are not final. If this will work for you, let's please stay in touch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in