post #91 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinny4290
If you buy a Toyota Land Cruiser/Lexus LX470, the car is a friggen tank and I believe is still used by the UN next to the Land Rover Defender. It's still one of the most reliable trucks in the world and one of the most rugged while also being very very very capable off road.
You better start reading this forum more closely.
One of the members posted picture of the head-on accident between his ML and Lexus LX.
While he opened the Mercedes door and jumped out with his camera to make detailed pictures, 3 Lexus occupants had to wait for jaws of life and ride for few days in hospital.
That was right before my wife in her ML got rear-ended by BMW X5 to crash 3 cars in front on her. She drove ML home and my son got it very cheap with new rear bumper reinforcement.
X5 was converted to razor blades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:30 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: 2002 Silver C320, 19x8.5 19x9 , Eibach Pro, K&N, Alpine CD, JL, Zapco
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like japanese cars, but for what they are. A good car for the buck. Mercedes has a proven track record in the "field" of engineering. Starting in the past, the propelled the germans for a very long time during the war, regretably even the incenerators were produced by the mercedes family. japans car industry was started by their founder who were in the japanese military, Admiral Toyota of Pearl harbor to name one.Mitsubishi also has a military history.When we kicked their military's ass, they started to make cars..now back to quality. When you close the door of a lexus or infinity, what do you hear, a hollow loud door. When you close the door of a mercedes, you hear a solid thud. All mercedes door gaskets are covered in felt not plain rubber. all bolts are covered and hinges are lined for quiet operation. Mercedes does have the safest car. Even VW's are far superior in safety than japanese cars. Next drive a mercedes 150mph, its fairly quiet and comfortable. If you drive a honda toyota, whatever, over 120 the car is loud and honestly, makes you scared. I've raced a 10 second honda, and if it wasn't for the money, i wouldn't do it. That honda had superior suspension to the mercedes, a 450+hp motor, and was driven in a controlled environment...and I feel safer in my C. A $60,000 honda vs a $40,000 benz...i'll take the benz
post #93 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: 2002 Silver C320, 19x8.5 19x9 , Eibach Pro, K&N, Alpine CD, JL, Zapco
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
as far as overall quality, I know two people in calabasas ca who traded in their phantoms for a maybach.............one phantom is still for sale at the dealer. When I checked last maybach wasn't made in japan. As far as the toyota truck goes, my father owns a dodge 2001 4x4 with 280,000 miles no engine or transmision work besides oil changes and lube. toyota was the only reliable truck in the 80's, even i jumped when i got my 91, but america caught up.

Last edited by TC_TRIGGER; 08-30-2006 at 12:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in