post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: 300E modded, ML500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
DXG improved chrsyler at mercedes' cost

"It (DXG) spent billions reviving Chrysler after the 1998 merger between Daimler-Benz AG of Germany and U.S. automaker Chrysler Corp., only to see its flagship Mercedes unit overtaken last year by BMW AG as the world's top-selling luxury brand."

"Mercedes, which has suffered quality problems and is reorganizing its Smart car range, ........... But the cost to Chrysler of launching new models and fierce price competition with rivals such as Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Corp. in the U.S. market is dragging that unit down once more."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060727/earns...sler.html?.v=9

Last edited by mbeclass; 07-27-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: 300E modded, ML500
(Thread Starter)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2006
I think chyrsler has been producing some very nice cars, but mercedes like it said the top selling luxury brand, i don't think anything will change that.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 11:24 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
There was always at least one Mercedes in my Family. My Fathers first postwar MB was a 170. One of my Uncles had a 220S convertible, another an 300 Adenauer that he still owns. To me Mercedes had the image of Family, or Dad's car. My Fathers best Friend had a rare 5 speed manual 6.9, that I sometimes got to drive. Among the cars I owned were 3 Porsche and 7 BMW among others. I didn't own a MB until I was in my mid 40's. I think the reason older MB are considered bullet proof, is that they were over engineered. Someone else had posted this before, but If you have missed it, check out the following 5th gear four part video, on how tough older Mercedes really are,: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bIV_hHPAFQ You can click on part 2 - 4 on the right of the picture. IMHO, Mercedes needs to get away from things like the smart car, get rid of some of the smaller models/ streamline their production lineup, and over engineer their cars again. Cheerio.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 02:25 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Red face DXG vs. DCX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeclass
"It (DXG) spent billions reviving Chrysler after the 1998 merger between Daimler-Benz AG of Germany and U.S. automaker Chrysler Corp., only to see its flagship Mercedes unit overtaken last year by BMW AG as the world's top-selling luxury brand."
DCX is the NYSE abbreviation of the conglomerate that owns Daimler-Chrysler. I have never seen DXG.

Nevertheless, they are doing quite well recently, and their automobile division is credited with contributing most of their 2nd quarter gains.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 02:32 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 83 300 d t
Send a message via AIM to washerman
Chrysler is the only american company that makes a profit . mb has brought Chrysler a long way from omi and k cars now if we here would stop buying hondas and toyotas mb and Chrysler could pass gm as number one in sales. remember they still have to compete thats were the qulity is lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in