BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2008 E550 w/AMG Trim
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Independent Mech In Sarasota Fl

Hi All,

I hope this is not a misuse of the board, if so, let me know.

I Bought a 98 E300DT off eBay. I had my folks check it out and take it to a shop for a once over. I am stationed overseas and bought the car for my wife. We are returning to the states this Summer. My folks have been driving the car, just short trips to the grocery and what not. The A/C stopped working and sure enough, it was the evaporator coil. There is no way I would trust Joe Blow I don't know to tear apart the dash to fix this so I told my mom to take it to the dealer. I told her it would be about 2400-2600 bucks. The shop charged 3400! and when she went to pick it up it had developed a Injector Pump leak. They wanted 5000 to replace it or 3000 to have the old one rebuilt. I told her to drive it way from them as fast has she can! Well the fuel leak would not wait till I could get home and replace those 6 $1.00 crush washers so we found an indy mech there in Sarasota. It turns out that the guy that runs the place worked with my Step-dad 30 years ago. $800 bucks later the delivery Valve and the stop lever are fixed. A far cry from $3000!!!

I stumbled across this guy and I can without reservation recommend him to anyone in the west central Florida area. I will be living in Ft Walton Beach but I am planning my service calls in conjunction with trips to see my Mom!

His name is Lee and you can find him here:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

Last edited by frankgh; 06-19-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: