Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Taking off back door panel

1K views 17 replies 2 participants last post by  battlecat714 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the back door panel in order to get to replace companents of the window

#4 ·
Just remove the power seat switch trim ( if equiped ) It pops off. Go easy. It pops off on one side and slides in on the other side. I cant recall if it is front or rear, but you will quickly see which is which with very light force. Just get a plastic tool to do your popping.

Remove the M8 screw that holds the panels door handle on its front arm. I am almost certain it is a 10mm socket size.

Remove the door lock finger pull. It just unscrews counter clockwise.

I manipulate the door panel carefully away from the power seat switch and leave it in place on the door.

Once you have this done the door panel slides straight up. All the clips are plastic so go easy. Do not yank the door panel outward. Slide straight up.

AS you begin to get the panel popped off, you will have a single wire connector at the bottom for the panel light. It just clips on, so it is easily removed with your hands/fingers.

#5 ·
the back door panel does not have any seat switches.. Here is what i cannot accomplish, I removed the screw on the outer part of the back panel locater at a/b 3 o'clock position, unscrewed the lock knod at the top of door, removed the black plastic part around the door pull, & the screw under the black plastic door pull trim.. That's about it.. The door panel does not seem to be slidding upward.

I removed a total of 2 screws so far.

#6 ·
player21 said:
the back door panel does not have any seat switches.. Here is what i cannot accomplish, I removed the screw on the outer part of the back panel locater at a/b 3 o'clock position, unscrewed the lock knod at the top of door, removed the black plastic part around the door pull, & the screw under the black plastic door pull trim.. That's about it.. The door panel does not seem to be slidding upward.

I removed a total of 2 screws so far.
did you remove the light cover at the bottom of the door??

#9 ·
hmm, it shouldn't be truangular it should be rectangular, you can pop it off it off with a screwdriver, but thats the least thing to worry about now. This is the hardest part about removing the panel...you have to wiggle side to side and up and down to get it loose - pull upwards, you have to get that window sill loose enough.

#14 ·
im pushing it straight upwords its moving very very slightly but not really getting anywhere, im thinking about using a car jack putting a towel on it so it does not harm anything & im thinking about putting the jack (USED FOR REMOVING TIRES) under the door panel by where the light is & jacking it upwards to see if i get anywhere, what do you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.