Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Greeting Other Mercedes drivers on the road

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jayhawk 
#1 ·
someone mentioned in another post about the brotherhood of Mercedes Drivers ( like the Harley folks) ..well, i always greet another Mercedes Diver the way i was tought by my Dad....
(copied message from another post)

Let you all in on the GERMAN way of greeting one another in a Mercedes ( and yes, they ALL call them That, not MERC or BENZ, just to clear that up). how do i know you say?..Dad drove a Mercedes all his life..worked in Sindelfingen, so have i.. OK..enough said. there is two ways to greet .. close friend = Light horn ( same as trying to move a slow ass driver out of the passing lane on interstate) other Mercedes drivers you meet on the road?. you extend your LEFT index finger on the 12 o'clock position on the steeringwheel .. like a " hi, ah, i see you"..not the middle finger, the INDEX..on the left hand!....there ..one free lesson of the secret code of ..oh hell ..secret is out now..LOL..you all have fun driving your great cars....Tommy...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
if anyone is curious about the license plate: yes i WILL get pulled over one of these days . not allowed to have one of these in IOWA...good grief. anyways.
CALW = my hometown in the black forrest
TD = Tommy Debby ( that would be my wife and I )
90 = licence plates on my dads cars always ended with 90..plus my Mercedes is a 1990....there.. you all have a great weekend!!!

#4 ·
Not many other MB owners around here, so we won't get to use that "secret" very often. But we do greet fellow motorcycle riders/owners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.