Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

AMG??? What is this?

985 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Lou K 
#1 ·
Hey. I just got a new c280. I keep seeing AMG this and AMG that. And have been noticing that some mercedes have AMG on the back. Even some c series do!

Someone told me that AMG is limited edition mercedes. Can I customize my benz a little and then put AMG on the back?

Can someone also tell me what AMG actually is?

Thanks,
Alex

#2 ·
AMG is a tuner company specially contracted with Mercedes. It basically is the performance version of MB. Almost every model has an AMG version, some of the Euro MBs like the B- and A-Class might not have one.

You can check out their website at www.mercedes-amg.com.

You can customize your Benz all you want, but it'll never be a true AMG vehicle. AMG's have a totally different engine, body kits, interior, the list goes on and on. If you put an AMG badge on, you may fool some people, but the knowledgable people will know right away that it's a fake.

To each his own, it's your car do whatever you want.

#3 ·
DKTH said:
Hey. I just got a new c280. I keep seeing AMG this and AMG that. And have been noticing that some mercedes have AMG on the back. Even some c series do!

Someone told me that AMG is limited edition mercedes. Can I customize my benz a little and then put AMG on the back?

Can someone also tell me what AMG actually is?

Thanks,
Alex
You can also customize your benz with BRABUS, Lorinser, RENNtech, MKB, Carlsson, KLEEMAN...list goes on...

#6 ·
Take a look at the difference in price between a regular model and its AMG version. I was taking to a guy at a mercedes repair shop. They sell vehicles as well. He said that you can tell the difference when driving an AMG. I've never driven one. I was waiting for my car to be repaired. I wish they had had an AMG that day on the lot. I would have liked to have tried it out.

#7 ·
Michael Pillay said:
Take a look at the difference in price between a regular model and its AMG version. I was taking to a guy at a mercedes repair shop. They sell vehicles as well. He said that you can tell the difference when driving an AMG. I've never driven one. I was waiting for my car to be repaired. I wish they had had an AMG that day on the lot. I would have liked to have tried it out.

"He said that you can tell the difference when driving an AMG" is an understatement. I have a few AMGs and when I drive a non AMG of the same model it feels like I am driving a car that has a boat anchor on the back. The AMGs not only have some cosmetic differences and a different motor they also have different brakes, suspensions , transmissions, exhausts, wheels, etc. Driving one is a true thrill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.