Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need some advice

679 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  benzomike33 
#1 ·
I'm new to this forum, just been browsing, and had posted a thread a couple weeks ago asking for a carfax. So here goes my second post. My dad is interested in purchasing a used E320 4Matic (nothing lower than a 2004), or a used E350 4Matic. Anyone have any sort of advice of what options are good to have, or the difference in some options. I personally have been looking around on the mbusa website and some others, and noticed some cars have the option of the Entertainment Package and some cars just show it has a 6 disk cd changer. I know it’s a difference in sound, has anyone tested out if there is actually a noticeable difference? And which would you prefer? Also what do you think a price range should be for these cars, I live in central PA, if that matters for prices? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much!

#2 ·
This is pretty much my standard reply to anyone thinking of buying a used mercedes. First, no matter how good the car looks and rides-get a ppi (pre-purschase inspection) done at an INDEPENDANT mercedes shop. No dealerships or the place the current owner uses for service. Make sure you know up front what the inspection will consist of. I would do this even if the owner has all the records. Carfax it anyway. For about $20, it's a little more piece of mind. If you have not already-post or search the individual forum for buying guidelines for that chassis run. I don't know anything about the entertainment system, but I am sure a search or post on the w210 or w211 forums will answer your question.

#4 ·
yelp just the other day i heard a story about a guy that bought a car that was clean on carfax and now he is paying the price because there was a bad re-paint job. So i would agree with both of these guys when they say make sure you do the PPI it will cost you a lot less in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.