Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Your favor road sign?

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Nutz 4 Benz 
#1 · (Edited)
"One Mile A Head Passing Lane" - I just love it. The new SLK230 just loved it! The old 190E 2.6 with 170,000 plus miles, does kick ass!!! I want to thank the first owner of my car, thank you very much!!!!

#2 ·
I like the ones before the road does a curve, and has the suggested speed limit for the curve underneath it, because I know I'm going to take that curve 5-25 mph more than listed.

#3 · (Edited)
H-TownBenzoboy said:
I like the ones before the road does a curve, and has the suggested speed limit for the curve underneath it, because I know I'm going to take that curve 5-25 mph more than listed.
Yes, that is nice also, however the "PASSING" thing is better, because as my wife pointed out the other day, "You just passed the STATE POLICE!"

#18 ·
Nearly every road sign in Phuket, Thailand. Even if you haver learnt the alphabet, the way they seem to use different letters for so many different sounds, doesnt help much..or at all. The one clear sign in English reads something like...You are now in Thailand so drive on the left side of the road.. but the locals drve either in the middle or on your side, so that doesnt help either.

#21 ·
My very favorite road sign is on a county road in Lee County, Alabama. Everytime we go down I promise myself to get a picture but haven't yet. (Kicks self!) We were just there last week! Is says....

WARNING
AREA SUBJECT TO CATASTROPIC SINK HOLES

Under it is a speed limit 20MPH road sign. Apparently, that is the safe speed for diriving in to a sink hole!:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.