Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Who has the highest mileage????

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  MBeige 
#1 ·
Okay, I just looked at the post for the guy who has 355,000 miles on his 300D. I know this question has been posed on individual forums, but I have not seen it posted on the main forum.
So, who has the highest mileage on their engine? If you have had it rebuilt, at what mileage?
I can't boast much. My 1990 300SEL has 198,700 miles and the 1998 ML 320 has 147,XXX.

#6 ·
efra said:
i have a frien that his car has 2millon and half of kilometres....
A recent article claimed that MB is trying to get all cars with 1 million miles, or more, to some car show or was it actually a permanent show.

At least one car that had reached 1 650 000 km, will be at the new MB museum at Stuttgart. The article claimed that they currently know a Greece car with 4 600 000 km (a Guinness world record). A Californian car has 1 630 000 km, one from Portugal has 1 800 000.

If your friend's car has 2 million km, they should be interested at MB.

#15 ·
Thanks, mech said he needs to do a reflush since it's still dirty (torque converter held some fluid). I'll be back to that mechanic once I return. By then I would imagine the car would have had a good run from the airport to fetch me (loads of space in the back enough for all my luggage). Heck, my dad and I will use the wagon to the airport since it will hold all of our 4 baggages plus 2 carry ons.

I guess I'll see you when it reaches the 400k mark. I'll be sure to record that moment :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.