LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 C320 (W203)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
the battery on my 2001 c320 is draining..help?

does anyone know what could be draining my battery?

i got a new battery (oem) just 3 months ago. and 2 days later, my car died. again.

jump starting didn't help much either. now, if i don't drive my car for not even 12 hours, it dies!! ugh.

can anyone help me with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 11:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
That is common problem on RV, that has more gadgets hooked up to the electrical system.
The only way is hook up ammeter, or big light bulb on the line to the battery and start pulling the fuses. It might not give you pinpoint, but at least some direction.
I heard about glove box lid not fully closing and leaving the light on -on more, than one occasion.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 07:42 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: '92 500sel, '94 P911, '04 RR, '03 E500
This has been happening to me for sometime now. I have had to change about 4batteries in the past 18 mths. There have been times I have forgotten to switch the battery off for some hours, and of course I come back to a DEAD battery!

i am really interested in knowing what could be causing this as I have tried so many things including the suggestion by Kajtak 1!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 07:50 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: '92 500sel, '94 P911, '04 RR, '03 E500
This has been a problem for me also. I have changed batteries about 4 times in the past 18mths. There are times I have forgotten to switch my battery off and in a few hours when I want to start the car, the battery is DEAD!

I will also like to know what causes this quick and total discharge of batteries on my 1992 500SEL as I have also tried suggestions by Kajtek 1.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 01:13 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: C320 & CL500
Question battery on my 01 C320 as well...

Did anyone ever find a definite answer with regard to the battery drawing issue? I have had several technicians look at my car including Mercedes and they told me it was my seat control modules. I had those replaced (very expensive I might add) and that was not the issue.

If anyone has a resolution, please respond accordingly.

Thanks
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 02:40 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2006
I would get the car checked out by Service. It was happening to the brand new 2006 S500 we got. These days, auto manufacturers love to have modular computers in the vehicles. Especially MB, in S class there are 7 or 8 separate computers controlling each function groups. i.e. computer for lighting system, computer for brake systems, etc.

Now, when you shut off the car, and if one or two of these computers do not go to "sleep mode", it will drain the battery. In our case, it was draining it overnight.

MB Service re-flashed all possible computers with the latest software and now they are working just fine.

I suggest you taking the car to them and tell them to check all the computers to see if they shut down properly.

Let us know how it works out....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 02:53 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: C320 & CL500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCLS
I would get the car checked out by Service. It was happening to the brand new 2006 S500 we got. These days, auto manufacturers love to have modular computers in the vehicles. Especially MB, in S class there are 7 or 8 separate computers controlling each function groups. i.e. computer for lighting system, computer for brake systems, etc.

Now, when you shut off the car, and if one or two of these computers do not go to "sleep mode", it will drain the battery. In our case, it was draining it overnight.

MB Service re-flashed all possible computers with the latest software and now they are working just fine.

I suggest you taking the car to them and tell them to check all the computers to see if they shut down properly.

Let us know how it works out....
Thanks Daniel

Here is what I've found out thus far

Ok...

I did find after researching this site that the car is known for this issue.
According to other members on this site, the resolutions have been narrowed down to 3...

Seat Control Modules (which I have already had replaced)

TeleAid (As it stays on constantly even when the engine is cut off)

Electrical Auxiliary Heater

I have made an appointment with Mercedes for first thing in the morning. When the resolution is reached I will definitely post the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in