LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1990 190e 2.6

im sure this has been discussed but ive been searching and nothings come up, everything ive found has been incorrect, i have a 1990 190e 2.6 model and im trying to remove the fuel pump relay so i can relieve fuel pressure. the problem is there doesnt seem to be a relay, haynes puts it by the main fuse box ??? removed all relays and nothing, than i read this board and it says its behind the battery, i remove the dead wall and theres no relay, just a switch with 1 10a fuse in it and 2 computers nothing else? has anyone else had trouble finding fuel pump relay? i need to get this done today so that i can pull gas tank and replace it
thanks
joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 08:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: Classic 92 190E 2.6
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeck76
im sure this has been discussed but ive been searching and nothings come up, everything ive found has been incorrect, i have a 1990 190e 2.6 model and im trying to remove the fuel pump relay so i can relieve fuel pressure. the problem is there doesnt seem to be a relay, haynes puts it by the main fuse box ??? removed all relays and nothing, than i read this board and it says its behind the battery, i remove the dead wall and theres no relay, just a switch with 1 10a fuse in it and 2 computers nothing else? has anyone else had trouble finding fuel pump relay? i need to get this done today so that i can pull gas tank and replace it
thanks
joe
Looking at the Summer/Fall 2005 catalog# 45M from Peformance Products (www.performanceproducts4benz.com) page 180 which shows the location of the "Fuel Pump Relay", for all the 190 models they are all located behind the battery, however this is what it states (where 2C is the location of the part in the diagram):

2C - fuel pump relay 190E 2.3 to '84 with manual trans 54-085 $124.00
2C - fuel pump relay 190E 2.3 to '84 with auto trans 54-086 $128.00
2C - fuel pump relay 190E 2.3 from '85 to '86 54-083 $142.00
2C - fuel pump relay 190E 2.3 from '87 to '93 54-130 $125.00
2C - fuel pump relay 190E 2.6 to '89 54-157 $113.00
2C - MAS Control Unit 190E from '90 54-317 $425.00

In other words it looks like they changed the design of the relay and made it a MAS unit (computer) for '90 190E 2.6 and above.

Note the parts numbers above are Performance Products part number and not MB part numbers.

Hope this helps. It you want to just remove pressure do not drive the car for 24 hours and in a safe place just remove the fuel line from the pump.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
thank you so much, this will help a great deal i will do this
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Now that ive solved the whole fuel pump relay issue it seems its kinda tough to get the fuel tank itsself out. i been under the car and unloosened the clamp that holds the fuel hose to the fuel pump but not the actual side going into the pump about 4 inches shy of that where it mends to the steel elbow. problem is i can get it to leak gas but not compleetly come apart so that i may pull the tank. probably just years and years of being clamped together. anyone know what im talking about? any tricks to this? seems like its not talked about much ive searched for over 2 hours now and came up with zip, i dont wanna just cut the hoses id rather reuse them when i install the new tank
thanks
joe
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 08:00 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2007
can someone help me? i need a diagram for my fuse box in my w201.. i dont understand german language..can someone help me? pla.pla... i need english fuse diagram.. thx so much..
i'm paulo driving a 190E baby benz ztraight lorinser set up
email me: francispaulo_8@yahoo.com
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 06:29 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2008
Fuse box Chart for Mercedes 200 124 model

Hello,
i am desperately looking for the fusebox chart in English for the above model. I you could send me an email at pmukora@hotmail.com or post a link to it here, i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in