post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 01:57 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: Random act of Violence

When I lived in the Middle East, you could park your car with the doors open, forget a briefcase with cash and documents on the rear seat and leave it for days. No one would touch it. It makes it very simple when the lightest penalty for such an offense is the loss of a hand.
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 08:19 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2002 C230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Random act of Violence

Quote:
ZeroLimit - 4/18/2006 4:17 PM

Quote:
carrollus_maximus - 4/20/2006 8:56 AM

No worries. I was kind of hoping I would see a car set up with one when I was in Joburg / South Africa over New Years. The friend I met down there was wondering why I was checking below random BMWs.

I didn't find any :)

B.
Oh my, be careful with that!! The owner could have been inside the car and thinking you're about to put bombs under his/her car! [:D]
I haven't seen one for real either
Heh, yeah I made sure there was no one in the car at the time. But then again, maybe they have a new version which can be activiated with their key fob.
post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006, 11:02 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2005
It must've been done by someone who will never be able to have a nice Mercedes (even though a big gas guzzler SUV is more expensive IMHO).

They think that all Mercs. are 75K car's.

Here's what you can do:

1) Get a computer - P3 at least

2) Get 2 wireless camera's

3) Get the wireless surveillence program for your computer

4) Pay for a cheap website that will allow realtime data transfers 24/7

5) Hide the small wireless camera's so that your car can be seen from 2 angles

6) Run the program so that it records anything that moves in your cars area

7) Have the recorded movements sent instantly to your website as proof!

8) Do NOT fix your Mercedes until after you catch a fish scratching it on hidden camera, then make him pay for all of it

It's a bit of work but then you'll find out WHO the REAL culprit was, which you said was important. If you use this surv. system, please let us know your results.

The entire set-up should be under $500.00 *I got mine at a surplus store*
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:14 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC
This thread has so far been one of the best arguments for PRO CHOICE. Teutone (aka Horst K)
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 11:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Is it really a random act of violence if it happens to a car? THIS is a random act of violence:-

(By the way,it wasn't me,I'm not short and I'm not a Scouser[])

Britain

The Times April 17, 2006

Happy slapper . . . . slapped
By Will Pavia

Victim turned the tables after a youth attacked him while another thug filmed with a mobile phone

A HAPPY slapper’s mobile phone recording of an attack took an unexpected twist when his victim retaliated, flooring his assailant with a single punch.
In footage that is rapidly gaining cult status, an athletic young man in a white vest is seen plotting the attack on a stranger, filmed on his friend’s mobile phone.

The British man, on what appears to be a foreign street beside the entrance to a shopping arcade, addresses the camera and, as if he were preparing to sing on the ITV1 show Stars in Their Eyes, says: “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be. . .a happy slapper.”

The cameraman, also British, can be heard encouraging his friend, saying: “OK, the next person who comes out.”

In front of the camera the would-be aggressor is getting excited. “Which hand?” he says. “I’ll give him both. A double, he’s getting a f***ing right slap.”

Sufficiently prepared for the assault, he tells his audience: “All right, let’s have it.”

A passer-by emerges from the shopping arcade: a smaller man, wearing a leather jacket, a bag slung over his shoulder.

The happy slapper runs towards him, drawing back one arm to swing and catch the man full in the face.

The victim recoils in pain and drops the bag.

He sees his attacker turn and walk back to his friend, who is laughing and still recording the scene.

Incredulous, he screams with rage. He asks his attacker what he was doing. Judging by his accent, he appears to be from Liverpool.

The victim then approaches the youth and throws a fierce right-hand jab, punching him on the chin and knocking him unconscious.

The man holding the camera phone shouts his friend’s name but carries on filming.

The man in black regards his assailant sprawled out on the floor.

Then he picks up his bag and storms off, still muttering in anger.
He is perhaps the first recorded victim to turn the tables on his would-be attackers since the slapping craze began.
It is thought to have begun in South London but has since spread across Britain and Europe.

Incidents have ranged from minor assaults to the killing of Soho barman David Morley in a gang attack on the South Bank in London in October 2004, all recorded and circulated on mobile phones.

Coverage of the phenomenon in the press has been mirrored by constant chatter in internet chatrooms and on online message boards.

Some attackers post messages boasting of their slaps, some request new footage to be sent via e-mail.

Others condemn the craze. “Try that in Liverpool,” wrote one correspondent, “theyed (sic) be lucky to get out the city alive.”

The man of that city who stood up to his attackers may yet gain a hero status on Merseyside, as a scourge of the happy slapper.

Here is the actual video:

http://ponderance.blogspot.com/2006/...r-slapped.html
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 05:03 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: C320 Wagon (2002)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakoiler
One reason why I moved from a apt to a house, I had to keep watching and moving my car from people parking too close among other things, it would have been worth paying to get it fixed just to catch the a**holes
Well, we are in a gated community of typical socal upper-middleclass single-family homes.
We own our home, but some folks around us are renters and resent me driving a Benz and little things started to happen ever since I drive that car.
Water hose got slashed, sprinkler heads torn etc ..

... and the car also gets scratched when I park curbside in front of our house.
There is this group of old alcoholics living next door - not sure how they can afford this - who drink beer all day long, yell and belch - so much for a gated community with HOA, pride of ownership and all that.

Anyways, one of the old farts next door drives an old Nissan Pickup and somehow got on his mind that parking in front of our house is HIS privilege.
So everytime I park curbside, he parks his rusty old POS pickup literally an inch behind me to show me how great he is. His car does not have bumpers, there's wires and stuff sticking out from the front and little by little my rear bumper gets scratched.
But what do you do when you deal with such anymals - suing him would probably not lead anywhere.

Seems like many folks out there want to make the Benz ownership experience and the achievement as miserable as possible. Poor idiots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in