post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 1989 Euro 560 SEC AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
560SEC AMG vs. 500E vs. C32 vs. E55

I love Mercedes more than any car in the world, my first car was a 1983 380SEL, and my second car was a 1991 560 SEC. Sadly the 380 ended up with the engine seizing up and that was the end of that one, and the 560 SEC was just in horrible condition when I got it and I got too deep in to repairs and had to finally sell it. So, now for the past year or so I have been driving a 2000 Chevy Cavalier 2 door....I think you get my point as to where I'm going. I still think that the 560 SEC was the nicest car I have ever driven in my life, and I desperately want to go back to a powerful luxurious car like that. So my question to you guys, the experts, would be what type of car should I get now? I want a fast, powerful car, that is going to last at least another 5 years. I have been doing some research and I have found a few I've become interested in. Of course I still love the 560SEC I think that it's my favorite based on looks alone, and I know it has incredible performance, but I am sure there are faster Mercedes out there, and since I want a car that will last a little while I am thinking I should try to find a car with about 50,000 miles or so, to avoid another heartbreak. So, from what I have found, a SEC with that sort of mileage is really expensive, and an AMG version is even more so. Plus, I figure buying a car that is that old, it would cost more to repair due to the scarcity of parts and people who have knowledge about it. So, as it stands now I think that an SEC would only be good for me if I had a bit more money. Then I found out about the 500E, the one coproduced with Porsche, and I think thats really cool but I also realize it is an incredibly rare car, so that would probably be too much for me if I wanted one with low mileage. Then I became aware of the E55 and C32, and when I found out they had 349HP, that is I believe 2002 and earlier, I thought that could be a really nice car to have. So now I am thinking that an E55 would be my best bet, I am leaning more toward 2000 because I know the 1999 is lacking some of the nicer features that the car got after that year, and the 2000 is far enough back now that it might be in my price range. I am also a little hesitant about the C32 even though I think it might be slightly faster than the E55 (once again this is 2002 and before) because I think that having a supercharger would just be giving me the possibility of having a lot more problems than just having a normally aspirated engine. SO, thats where my thoughts stand now, sorry its really jumbled, but if I get a car I just want to not regret having not gotten a different model that might have been the same or less in price, but that had better performance. Basically I want the most performance I can get at the best price, and have it be a Mercedes of course
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 03:07 AM
SSL
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jul 2005
Vehicle: R107 300SL; 1990 500SL (R129);2001 R170 230SLK
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
RE: 560SEC AMG vs. 500E vs. C32 vs. E55

MorrisTigerson69,

E55 (W210) is probably the one to go for. Usual rules apply... comprehensive service and maintenance records.

Great performance wrapped up in an elegant understated body which is also just as happy wafting around in city traffic. Added bonus is that it is an extremely comfortable and practical saloon as well.

Worth visiting the AMG forum here and checking out the W210 section.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in