post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: S600L
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New 'S'

Just seen it in the main stealers today - not impressed with the style/looks etc...BUT.....WOW to hear the rear boot shut and pull itself closed - it sounds as solid as the doors on my S600 - not 'thin'like my boot when it closes![:0]Now if the rest of the cars built like that and there are no corrosion issues I should in 10+ years time when I can afford one , at least get a good one![:D]
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 12:53 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 89 300E 4Matic.
RE: New 'S'

Read first problem on the NEW S class forum. Gonna be an electronic nightmare. I will wait till the new all manual S model comes out in 2020. By then the present idiot designers should have retired.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 06:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: 1990 300E, 2002 ML500

Of course, ThomasT own a W221 and has solid evidence to back all his claims....
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 07:08 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: '93 400e
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

I have more faith in cars that don't have every single little bell & whistle money can buy... mercedes or otherwise....

I guess i'd rather drive a car instead of the car driving me.. but that's just my opinion.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 12:27 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 89 300E 4Matic.

ThomasT wrote he wont buy one. ThomasT was told by his non-agent garage that any model after his was a pain in the pocket, and not to upgrade. It started with biodegradable/non heat resistant wiring harnesses. But as ThomasT says, he does read that the new SLKs are now made to be a real MB again. The jury is still out on the 221, although we have a scare vote from first problem man. It seems that the old days of motoring seem to be over. In todays models, only sensors will tell you this and that. Some even have no oil dipsticks. Then, you have to go to the shop for them to read out the faults. That costs even if there was only a false warning. Then, if your batteries run flat, you need to be flatbedded into the shop to reset the computors. Sound more like a racket to screw the customer, than make for safer motoring. Of course as we are all too lazy to open the boot, move a seat, apply the brake, slow down to prevent roll in a corner, switch to a lower aircon fan speed, wind down a window, or whatever else the stupid designers could think of, the central computor must control all of that. Thats amazing when one considers that this central computor has to contend with the hostile environment of heat, cold, vibration, shocks, moisture and a battery or alternator to keep it remembering all this useless crap, and the 20 sub computers with which it has to communicate.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: