post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: V220 CDI 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Sarge786
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes Customer Service!..What service?

Mercedes Customer Service!..Whats service?

Hi All,
I am an owner of a V220 CDI (2003). Whilst I love my Car, I have suffered at the hands of cowboys that call themselves dealers for Mercedes. This has not happened from just one dealership but now I am having this with the second one too.

I have several ongoing warranty issues and no one is taking notice including Mercedes Customer Service UK.
The car has gone in several times for days on end, only to return with different 'man made faults' by the dealership!.

I have even written a TEN PAGE letter of complaint but no reply.

My warranty runs out on 26th Feb and all I want is to get the issues resolved before this date.

Can anyone please advise as to how I can get onto Mercedes UK SENIOR!! Management, that will actually DO something to recify all these problems.

I NEED to speak to SENIOR level as the rest including the local dealerships dont give a ****!.

I regret buying Mercedes and now hold it in the lowest regard for service AND product.
It is the worst experience I have ever had!.

Many Thanks Lads
SARGE786

MERCDADS = Mercedes Dealers Are Donkeys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2003
Vehicle: 2014 RX 350 F Sport, 2007 Scion tC, 2000 ML 430 Money Pit Finally Gone! Oh Happy Day!
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RE: Mercedes Customer Service!..What service?

FWIW you can vent here http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/ and here http://www.mercedesproblems.com/ also. [;)]
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: '07 GL320CDI
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
azinn - 2/21/2006 2:35 PM

FWIW you can vent here
FWIW isn't much, as he's in the UK!

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'07 GL320CDI
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 01:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es

I had a very serious problem with a car sold to me with Starmark certification that had been crashed previously (11K damage) but not visible from outside on the PPI. MBUSA did not do jack sh*t about it. I was advised that their course of action was to make the customer go to court and then wear them down with legal fees until they went away. This was in 2001 and from my understanding, that has not changed.

Most interesting part of crash repair -- left rear seatbelt was only attached to plastic piece, not frame.

I just don't think they care, PERIOD.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 02:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 01 SLK 320 MT6
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
mcbear300E - 2/21/2006 3:56 PM

Most interesting part of crash repair -- left rear seatbelt was only attached to plastic piece, not frame.
You need to take MB executive for a ride, and crash the car ;)

Kirill
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

(Thread Starter)

Hi guy's Many Thanks for replying,

My warranty runs out 26th Feb this week!..When it went in on 30th January the failed to see all the problems on the printed list and never fixed some of them. They replaced the battery and damaged the seat moulding (Senior technician)!!, they said they will fix this but when it came to it they said they were going to CHARGE me for the repair to the door locks (passenger front (would just pop open at random)and rear door needed adjustment as it would refuse to shut and would bounce back open) as this was not a warranty item! Therefore would I accept the damage to the mouldings in return of not paying for the 'repairs to the doors (greased them apparently).!!
On the 30th I was told that all my problems were caused by the faulty battery!!....(hold on you gonna like this one)...apparently the mechanical noises coming from the front suspension, "were down to the faulty battery"...have you ever heard such Bull****?

Stratford has got a new sus compressor there to be fitted and they have to check a vibration that I assume is the exhaust to the body, also when it went in on 8th Feb, they fixed an annoying metal tingle in the drivers door, (like a loose washer) doing this they either damaged the wiring loom in there or something to that effect as when the window winds up or down there is 'crinkling' noises like something getting caught in there. Also the solenoid in the gear lever is noisy and needs replacing!

I have been awaiting a call from their head office and as it never materialised, I was waiting for them to arrange a courtesy car so that I can leave the car with them for repairs, (Mercedes has a SERIOUS situation when it comes to a lack of courtesy cars) decided to call them, a few minutes ago. I was told that a woman called Jane is dealing with my letter and I can call her.
When I did, she told me that Mercedes cannot deal with the dealer’s problems and I would have to contact the ORIGINAL Mercedes Edmonton (COWBOYS) dealers myself!! even though I have refused to do this as a matter of principle.
IS THIS RIGHT?

I am now left with a vehicle (which I still love, don’t really know why anymore) with several faults, Mercedes cannot find a courtesy car for me and expect me to sit it out at Stratford for 5 hours while it is being repaired, they expect me to get the repairs sorted at their pressured time demand, due to the warranty expiration etc.

I have several outstanding faults (previously logged at their service computers) that are INTERMITTENT!!..what happens with those then?

I SWEAR I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO FEDUP OF ANY SERVICE IN MY LIFE BEFORE!!..

They have ALREADY lost the sales of 3 NEW vehicles down to my problems, GUARANTEED!
YOU know what I might post the 10 page letter here for you guys if you are interested to read it.

I HAVE written to Watchdog yesterday!
I might setup a website, to show them all the problems and the business they are losing, what do you think?

MANY MANY THANKS
SARGE
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

(Thread Starter)

I have contacted the SMMT today this was their reply:

Dear Mr,

Thank you for your email dated 23nd February 2006.

I was sorry to learn of the problems you have experienced with your
vehicle.

Unfortunately, the SMMT does not deal with queries of this nature as
your complaint is against the service you received from the selling
dealer and not from the manufacturer. We can only assist with issues
that arise under SMMT's New Car Code of Practice which only applies to
manufacturers. I would suggest that if you have not already done so
that you write a letter of complaint and address it to the dealer
principle.

Should you wish to escalate your complaint further you may refer your
complaint to the Retail Motor Industry Federation who deal with garage
disputes. I have therefore listed below the address and telephone number
of the Retail Motor Industry Federation who deal with garage disputes
should you wish to contact them directly.

-----------------------------------------

Now this, Consumer Protection institute has fobbed me off after reading the letter.

But I DO HAVE issues with the manufacturer... there ARE faults that even the dealers have seen BUT are unable to trace.
So who's gonna fix them?

You know what? I am so very angry that I intend to make as much noise as I can from now on!

Lets Unite folks!..attract their attention to their pathetic careless attitude!.(UNLESS you are a blonde and have a pair of BOOBS, when they come running to help and even offer to give you a lift to the nearest train st, or shopping centre, while HER car is being looked at..All that attention WOW, witnessed, when I dropped my car to have MORE repairs done to it TODAY)

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1984 300D Turbo
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

sarge, sounds like you need to hire a blonde with big boobs to take your car to the dealer for you!

seriously first calm yourself and get the dealer to give you an extension on ALL the outstanding warranted items that are present now. document them if you haven't already. then the presssure will be off you and them and you can work with them to get the new car bugs out...

it probably will be worth it in the end.

1984 300D Turbo - 231k.. son's car now... totalled 11/30/07 RIP

send lawyers, guns, & money...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 08:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es

Sarge, you just received the English version of what I got here in the States. MBUSA pushes off everything they can to their dealers which, according to MB are in no way related to MBUSA. The dealer keeps referring the customer to the 1-800 BITE IT1 number at MBUSA for resolution. By the way, the security guys at MBUSA are pretty nice once you get to know them. Unfortunately I would suggest a lawyer and nice, VERY FACTUAL signs on the windows of your car. Pictures to both the dealer and national office. Good luck.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist

(Thread Starter)

Hi There,
I am angry because NO ONE is listening, they all put up a barrier to make it as hard as possible for me, to cause MAXIMUM grief. I have always treated all the mercedes people with nothing but total respect, maybe this is where I started to go wrong, as I have seen people shouting there, who get what they want!, I don’t have it in me to act this way.
Anyway I have logged these problems with the dealers since May last year!, I'll tell you JUST ONE of the incidents, 4th October 2005 - The car went in for rear window stuck open, & stayed 2 days, I asked them to look at the outstanding faults as well, they agreed to do this.

When collected told its done,(rear window motor failed, they told me they changed the motor AND the cable). Then winter set in, and it wasnt used. On 8th February I just happened to try it and it refused to work!.. now what am I to assume? did they change the motor & cable?, or did they tap it around and got it going and said that changed it?
I ask you what are the chances of the same failure occuring, after a NEW motor AND NEW cable?

Oh as for the outstanding faults, I was told they didn't have time, and I would need to rebook....
A FULL 2 DAYS THEY HAD IT SAT AROUND!!
Fobbed of again!
Remember this is just one of the incidents, I will be happy to list all for you should you be interested.
The car goes in for something and comes back with totally different damage like damage to paint, alloys, drivers seat, plastic mouldings, etc.

As for the extension they are not interested as they say it is out of warranty ...(today I think) and it will be charged for, from now on. They are getting away with all this, despite it all being logged in their computers, and NO ONE at head office is interested.

It went in 9am yesterday for the compressor, damage to drivers window mechanism (caused by them while they 'tightened a rattling screw in the door' on last repair), gear soleniod, vibration noises, was told I will be ready in about 4 hours, as no call to collect was made I had to call them, was told service manager busy and he will call back, an hour went by and at 5:33pm I called again and was told that it will not be ready till tomorrow!..Call me old fashioned but a simple call during the day, would have been nice for me to arrange the rest of the day, and a car for use for the day.. or is this not the norm?

God help all mercedes owners, cos mercedes sure doesn't.

Kind Regards

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in