Cops more merciful on Mercedes drivers? - Page 12 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 12:55 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Feb 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Cops more merciful on Mercedes drivers?

I am not sure if your theory is totally correct. I have been pulled over 3 times in the last 2 years by younger cops that thought I had a tailight out on my back right rear. I actually had my fog's on and they only manufactured it that way for some reason. Most older cops know this but it's always amussing when I have to pull out my manual and actually open the trunk to show them the proof! As for speeding....I have a HEAVY foot and have been pulled over a number of times while NEVER receiving a ticket. Not even a written warning. I think this has more to do with displaying the proper politese then what type of car I drive. I will say that here in the states cops love these few things.

When pulled over do this. Pull off of the the roadway always to the right and cut your front to the right so that the rear sticks out a foot or two farther then the front. This protects the cop and they really do appreciate it. The secong thing to do is after he (or she) ask's for your licsense do not reach for it right away. Inform them that it is either in your breast, back pocket or in your glove box and WAIT for them to acknowledge it and give you the go ahead to "reach" for it. This is simply human nature. You're putting them in a protective, safe environment where they "think they are in control and then are generally more likely to be more at ease. Cops have too much to worry about so the more you put them at ease the lighter they go on you. Do these two things and save money in fees! Just an fyi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 08:04 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2004

I noticed a huge difference when I was about 20 and cut my hair short. Now with the benz I might as well have a cloaking device. I break 20X more laws now than I ever did, I always speed and faster than ever. Haven't been pulled over once since I bought this car over 2 years ago. That alone is worth the cost over a regular car.
post #113 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 08:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Attached Images

Don't believe everything you think
post #114 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 10:20 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1965 Peel Trident, 1972 chevy vega
Send a message via AIM to 99CLKcab

I have recieved a ticket, for going 33 over. My bad, the cop was really nice besides the fact that he still gave me the ticket. A few weeks ago i was goin 115 and i went right past a cop, he flashed his spot light and nothing happened. My radar didnt even go off, I was sure to get off the highway at the next exit. Just in case!
post #115 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 12:45 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 89 300E 4Matic.

Think about carrying your own comprehensive insurance Kutz. I have for 40 years and could have bought several brand new cars. Only out of pocket time was when my teenage son went on safari, and whopped a bridge, damaging the bodywork. He spun on black ice coming out of a tunnel near Innsbruck. Naturally they hadn't salted the road inside the tunnel, so after the heavy rain drained in, the water mixing with rubber and burnt stuff, froze overnight. Alert to drivers..Take EXTRA care coming out of tunnels, if the weather is near zero C and if the road is curving. Re the stop, by the cop, a shiny MB and few grey hairs have made customs procedures much easier. My foreign plates maybe also help as they know you can plead ignorance of local ideas. As far as speed traps with the 'gun' are concerned, I have felt, ouch, that if they see an MB coming along, it will give them great pleasure to screw a guy who can afford an MB, while they have to drive the wife's clapped out rusty old Honda.
post #116 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 10:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
Send a message via AIM to iNeon Send a message via MSN to iNeon Send a message via Yahoo to iNeon

Quote:
1996_s500 - 1/24/2006 8:00 PM

Quote:
Kajtek1 - 1/24/2006 5:48 PM

I heard that on some models wrong bulb will disable cruise control, or other stuff.
because of a light bulb? i dont think so.
this is supposed to be on w123 models. the cruise is in-line with the taillight circuit somehow and the wattage difference has been told to cause some problems.

i'd think it was BS as well, but i did run across the topic when i first purchased my mercedes.

cops being kind to mb drivers? are you smoking the good stuff lately?

i was heading down a deserted highway and was getting on the interstate, it was one of those "does it do a cloverleaf or get directly onto the interstate" type of ill-marked, confusing onramps.

i started into the left lane when i realized i needed to be in the right, so i jumped back into my lane and looked over my shoulder before merging only to see a car there, so i finally said " to hell with this" and proceeded down the highway to the backroad to my house.

the lights lit up and i pulled over for the popo man.

"no turnsignal, let me see your license and registration-- i know you got insurance"

after some lecture about how my driving was terrible and about how i endanger every living thing of gods creation by not using my blinker(really, yall-- you CANT make a lane change in a 240 without being conscious of others... drive one, youll understand) i drove off being $500.00 lighter.

no, theyre not easier on benz drivers. they love all drivers equally.... especially the forgetful ones with some money to give them.

This signature removed to protect the innocent.
post #117 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 08:41 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 89 300E 4Matic.

Are you joking, 500 bucks for changing lanes without a signal??
post #118 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 08:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1123 Post(s)

Quote:
ThomasT - 3/25/2006 11:45 PM

Naturally they hadn't salted the road inside the tunnel, so after the heavy rain drained in, the water mixing with rubber and burnt stuff, froze overnight. Alert to drivers..Take EXTRA care coming out of tunnels, if the weather is near zero C and if the road is curving. .
Since hijacking the threads in normal on this forum.
Try to come to California, or Nevada desert in the spring time. It is quite surprising to drive over the hill with about 10 C and find the snow on the shady part.
Doing that at 170 kph gives you good adrenaline shot. [:D]
post #119 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 02:41 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 2003 CLK320
Send a message via Yahoo to BGOSSH

trust me- it doesnt matter what kind of car you drive. What matters is if you committ a violation and also a small part of it depends on how busy of it is for the cops (ie: on the way to the call or driving around with nothing to do).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in