Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

ROUGH IDLE, IDLE CONTROL UNIT LOCATION, TIMING & RPM

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  verdejor 
#1 ·
1981 380SEL Euro, 8cyl

I had to set my car to 5degrees Before TDC (per manual), I can't get it to adjust to that, I can only get it to go to 3.5-4 BTDC, Distributor won't turn any more,

RPM adjusted to spec using idle air control screw (500RPM, tried 650)

I tried playing a little with the fuel mixture screw (car turns on fine, it still has some black smoke when accelerated)

any clarification on how to used the pins on the computer diagnosing circle by fenderwell please...
I connect with voltmeter to pins 3 & 2for ground and only get reading of zero, is idle control unit bad? (battery reads 12volts)

I should be receiving tomorrow the Coolant temp sensor, since I have a mild rough idle now, it was BAD.. now is mostly (well, always on R,P) rough.

this vehicle does not come with electronic idle control VALVE. It is a Euro model

I ALSO don't have a oil temp sensor.
Can't locate idle control unit, looked under dash everywhere, looked under hood by cowl also. any help much appreciated!!

thanks again to all!

any feedback on my rough idle?
pls let me know something.

the only 2 "boxes under the pass side were the AC Temp. control unit (000-822-0903) and AC Blower control unit (000-822-1103)

thanks everyone!!!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.