LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by bikerbenzgirl
My parents always drove them, I can't remember the makes and models but I remember oneof them was light blue with fins and the other was tan, two of their cars were involved in accidents (one side swiped by a drunk driver with our entire family in it, and the other rammed by a garbage trucks prongs coming out of a alley, Mum and sister in the car. My whole family is present and accounted for due to these fine vehicles, so I natually bought a few for myself. I just feel safe in them. And I my SL500 is a head turner
Welcome a-board ...girl! Glad to have you a-board. Love your SL!!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
post #122 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 01:15 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 1981 MB W123 & 1996 MazdaMPV & 1996 Toyota Starlet & 1992Ford Telstar
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile 1981 230E ... long time coming

I have desired a Mercedes Benz all my life. I just picked up my first Benz this week; a 1981 230E in excellent condition, that cost me a whole $1700 in New Zealand dollars.
Power sunroof, towbar, stereo, zero rust, mint inside and outside, Bridgestone tyres.
The more I drive it, the more I love it...I am a lucky lucky guy!!!
post #123 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 06:22 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: E220 Coupe
Send a message via MSN to gina2201
I bought my first one as my brother saw it advertised and knew the bloke ( I didn't ) so I had a look (in the rain and dark) and bought it! A c200 elegance Best car I have ever owned. Since sold it but have recently bought another for the luxuries and value for money, a c230k sport.
post #124 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 07:54 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: SLK350
For me, it was simply love-at-first-sight!!
I was almost a month before it's official launch day, when I saw some pics of the new SLK(R171) together with some characteristics and said to myself "That’s IT!"
That was the reason I sold my previous car (of which I was more than happy with!) and finally managed to get my first ever MB.

It wasn't a conscious decision, as in I wanted to buy a Merc. I just fell in love with the particular model!

And my choice proved me right! Haven't regretted at all!
post #125 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 08:38 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 2006 CLS 500
As a teenager I absolutely fell in love with the E Class, I went to my first car show when I was about 15 and got all the free brochures and such from the MB display. Then MB sent out the flat star badge in response that said something like "Parts in a MB E-Class 123456, parts remaining 123455" I saved that badge to this day.

Back in November 2006 I was in a car accident on my way to work where my car rolled over 1.5 times and landed upside down (hit by a drunk/drugged/sleeping driver). I really thought I was going to die in that car (Nissan). Came out with a very minor cut, compared to the damage on the car (I KNOW that car saved my life!!). The car was totalled and the next day I bought my first MB (CLS500). Part of the reason I bought it was because it's been a dream brand since I was a kid, and also for MB's safety and the way that they have pioneered many new safety ideas. It was a dream come true after 10 years. I'm thinking about putting the star on/in the car in a discreet location but not sure yet. Perhaps I'll post pictures of my Nissan after the crash and my new car (HUGE difference lol).

post #126 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2000 ml430, 99 infiniti i30 limited edition
Safety, Looks, Unpredictability ( Like a Windows PC ). Who really wants a reliable car? LOL
post #127 of 140 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 03:10 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 1998 C230 4 Dr 4 Cyl
Originally Posted by Guest
my father is West German Mercedes Master Mechanic, and i was always exposed to MB's while growing up around his shop, that he had for 15 years in Ft. Myers, Fla........

so, i'v known for a LONG time that i find the w123 Coupe simply beautiful, and, at the time i decided this, they were "expensive rich customers cars" and not "for me"..........then, in 2000, my dad bought himself a '77 280 CE, white, AMG Wheels, in Nuernberg (after he moved back to Germany, with me), and i drove it all around, and totally fell in love, and KNEW i would get one of those someday...

but, back in ami-land, after my thouroughly rusted to nothing CRX blew a cylinder, and i needed to get a car again (ex-step-mother (mother of my brothers) buying), and i spotted "1985 Mercedes Diesel, Coupe, 1110 obo " in the "Shopper", which is the crappy free paper in our town ( Cape Coral Fla.), i KNEW what "kind" of car this was, ie, w123 Coupe (thats the only diesel coupe that MB made...(until nowadays, the CLK CDi), so, i went straight there, jumped up and down, and sat in, etc.....and told the guy the car was mine, and that i would be back in touch in 15 minutes.......i got her, for 550 after "stern" negotiations, from the ex-step-mother, who was my dad's "bossy ass secretary" in HIS shop.....

the car had been a yard car, for 3 years, and he "didnt know" what was wrong, other than that the huge battery was dead as hell.......

so, it was removed on a tow-truck, and brought to a former "competitor-collegue(friendly)" from my father, and he installed the new interstate battery, used brake booster, and cylinder, and then i drove her off, and she's mine ever since.....

pics in my profile/gallery, u know .....
I bought my Mercedes because it is a well thought out and well designed and well constructed (nothing lost between the engineers and designers and the build line) and of wonderful materials that look good and fit well and are comfortable to the touch and pleasing to the eye. The car and I become as one. My Mercedes will take care of me. It knows that I respect her for what she is. The best machine for moving people on the face of the planet.
post #128 of 140 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 12:53 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2008

As someone said on this thread, i bought my mb because Mercedes-Benz is the only company that makes the c230k sport coupe. I chose this because of the perfect combination between the sporty feel and confort it provides me. Another aspect i took into consideration was safety wich is rated no 1 on the mb list of qualities. I bought my "mbc230ksc" 3 weeks ago and i'm fascinated by it. So, do i get my "welcome mat" ?

PS : i'm sorry about my poor english, just a humble mb onwer from Romania...
PS2 : Great forum you have here !
post #129 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 10:21 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 2003 C230
Momma was dead set on bringing back a 300td when I finished my tour of duty in Germany in 85.... but money was short, so it didn’t happen. She would see one every once in a while and she’d say “I lft mine in Germany” So last year for Xmas I picked her up a little 06 C230….Was quite a change for here as she’d been driving second hand GM land barges (caprices, fleetwoods, burbans, Impala SS)….But it didn’t take her long to figure out all the bells and whistles…., and now I don’t get to drive it…. Her and the grand daughter took off for 3 weeks and logged 9000 miles on it doing a big loop through middle USA….Grand Canyon, Salt Lake, Yellowstone, Rushmore, Wall Drug, Sioux City, Saint Louis, Atlanta, Houston Dallas….they had a blast…I hadda work so "we owe we owe so off to work I go,,,,,' that’s ok,I got my toys ….and the look on her face when the salesmen handed her the key was priceless…
post #130 of 140 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 04:28 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2008
Post Why did you buy a Mercedes Benz?

My son wrecked my wifes toyota echo. She looked online for cars she found a 05 ML350 with 27k at a Lexus dealer ask 20k. she wanted to just look and go. We looked, drove, and when she couldn't decide I told the salesmen 18.6K and I would buy it. So I hopping it was a good deal although it does drive like a sjhort wheel base SUV the whole package seems quite solid. The first week I had it, found out that the door locks were not auto locking paid $130.00 to have them configured at the dealership. That wasn't to good but we will see how it goes. I am happy with the vehicle though.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: