Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

passenger side mirror

713 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  samhmbz 
#1 ·
One of the menu options on my SL 55 AMG has an 'on' 'off' selection for the outside mirror when the car is parked. What does this mean? Also, why does the glass in the passenger side mirror lack the black rubber border that is found on the driver's side mirror. I have checked this on 4 or 5 2-door new MBs and its the same with them...so it is just not my car. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
The "Auto" feature is for the power folding mirriors. If enabled the mirrors will fold automatically with the ignition off. The missing black band indicates the passenger mirror is not self dimming.

#3 ·
One of the menu options on my SL 55 AMG has an 'on' 'off' selection for the outside mirror when the car is parked. What does this mean?
Doese the SL(230 chassis) have folding mirrors ? not in the U.S maybe in other countries ? the design of the mirror housing doesnt seam as it would fit a mirror motor to auto. fold it.

Are you possibly reffering to the "mirror set when parked/parking" option ? this lowers the passanger mirror when vehicle is engaged into reverse so you can see the curb or low objects........must also have the passanger mirror adjustment switch set to the passanger side for this to function.
Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.