Need help in rating Chicago Suburb Dealers - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Hello Everyone,

I need help from Chicago Suburbs residents in rating the dealers in the area. I b
Autohaus on Edens, Inc. -- Northbrook 1 12.50%
Loeber Motors, Inc. -- Lincolnwood 2 25.00%
Mercedes-Benz of Arlington Heights -- Arlington Heights 2 25.00%
Mercedes-Benz of Hoffman Estates -- Hoffman Estates 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2006 ML350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need help in rating Chicago Suburb Dealers

Hello Everyone,

I need help from Chicago Suburbs residents in rating the dealers in the area. I bought 2006 ML350 from MB of Naperville, excellent service and all but it is quite far from my home. I have been to MB of Arlington Heights for service/warranty repair and had a horrible experience.

Please help me in rating the dealer's service department and cast your vote. Provide some tips in developing the good relationship with the Service Advisor and just post your experiences whether good or bad.

Thanks to everyone in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 10:52 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2004
Vehicle: 2005 C class
RE: Need help in rating Chicago Suburb Dealers

I actually bought my Mercedes at Knauz in Lake Bluff. I live in Highland Park, and my main two choices were autohaus on edens and Knauz. I have had several bad experiences at the Toyota dealership as well as the Mercedes dealership in Northbrook (autohaus). I was dissatisfied with the salesmen from both places. At the time I bought my 2005 C 230 (July 2004), I was 22 years old. Needless to say, the salesman did not give me a chance. He never introduced himself, and would not budge on the negotiation. He kept saying he would not budge below 7.5% over invioce. What he did not know was that I went to school for Finance (so I knew what numbers I wanted, as well did research, my cousin works for Edmunds.com in Cali). My dad has been also a salesman (no, not cars) for his whole life. So he obviously gave me some pointers. To say the least, the salesman treated me with no respect. So I went up 41 to Knauz. The salesman was very nice (since left) and offered me invoice on the exact car I wanted, which was on the lot. Needless to say, a couple of phone calls later, and some haggling on my trade-in value, we got the job done. I don't have any other experineces with the dealerships you listed above. But that was my experience.

Adam
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 01:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: 01 SLK 320 MT6

If you want the best customer service - Call Motorwerks of Barrington, Ask fro Tom Nolan in service. He is the service advisor for Mercedes. You can say Kirill with black SLK sent you.

There is no point to go somewhere else.

I actually met MB Service manager for Chicago region - he knows Tom very well and he is consistently best in customer satisfaction.

Kirill
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:12 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: '93 300E 2.8

I don't see anything for casting negative votes. Can I cast a "NO" vote for M-B of Arlington Hts?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2006 ML350
(Thread Starter)

Wadman,

Sorry, I am new to creating poll out here. But, I get the point with MB of Arlington Heights. Dealership really sucks by reading different forums on Benzworld and many of them have horrible sales and service experience with MB of Arlington Heights.

I had also read on one of the post that MB of A. Heights formerly Mark Motors were blocked by MBUSA due to their horrible customer service

I am going to try MB of Barrington as suggested by Kirill for my next service and will post my experience here.

Once again, thanks for the reply
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 03:00 PM
D2k
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 05 A6 3.2Q, 07 A4 2.0T S-Line

can always check www.dealerrater.com for some reviews. I've only dealt with the service area for Fletcher Jones in downtown. Not the greatest but better than Perillo BMW I think (it takes 2-3 weeks just to get into Perillo usually).
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 03:54 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 07 s550 4matic black/black

firstmb -- you left off of your poll "mb of westmont" (formerly "laurel motors," who incidentally used to own mb of naperville as well). i found mb of naperville to be capable in sales but never bought there because mb of westmont always had the preferred inventory. and becasue i never bought there, i never had my car serviced there, either.

i bought all my benzos from mb of westmont (laurel). they appear to have gone through troubles in the past, but i think they finally have their house in order as it were.

their service is very good and have always had a no-charge loaner mb car for me to use whilst my car was in for service. most recently, they have picked up the car and dropped it off again the same day to my home for its service. i live in hinsdale - only three miles or so from the dealership, which i'm sure has a lot to do with the extra service.

in any event, i always got a fair purchase deal there, though every time i buy a new car (every 18-24 months), there is a new management team in place including new salesmen. that said, they have me and my buying history in their database, and they treat me very well every time i walk in there - even though none of them no me due to the aforementioned turnover. one run of my name through their database and they practically hand me the keys to the car i want and say come back when you're done test driving.

i would (and have) recommend(ed) them for both sales and service. i don't know where in chicago you live so i cannot judge how far you are away from westmont. if you are downtown/ lincoln park area, mb of westmont would be 20 or so miles from there. drop me a pm if you want to discuss further. cheers.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 03:08 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

I'm going to give thumbs up to Arlington. I had been there when it was Mark Motors and it was indeed really bad. I recently fried my ignition and in an emergency had it towed there. The charges were steep as expected but they did a good job in a timely manner and gave me a nice loaner.
I also recently went to the dealer in Tinley Park and had a so/so experience. If you take the ridiculous cost factor away, I guess your left with the questions of are they competent and courteous and I'd have to say yes.
I have an excellent mechanic in Niles but am always nervous about OEM issues with my cars.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 05:42 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 89 560 SL/91 560 SEL

Good thread. While I'm in a far south suburb, I must add my 2 cents on Napleton Auto in northwest Indiana. I cannot speak of MB sales there, but have had a good deal of experience with Service and Parts. They receive poor ratings in both areas. My mechanical repair visits have resulted in needing to go back on 4 occasions, as problems not fixed, etc. On parts, they promised to send me a part on 4 occasions. I finally drove there to pick the part up. All of this is aggravated because I'm about 45 minutes east of the dealer. I share the OEM concerns, but at this point I am interested in other alternatives in Indiana.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 06:51 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Attn: Dave
Good things said from a fellow Hoosier:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1227203&posts=6&fid=20

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in