Need help in rating Chicago Suburb Dealers - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Hello Everyone,

I need help from Chicago Suburbs residents in rating the dealers in the area. I b
Autohaus on Edens, Inc. -- Northbrook 1 12.50%
Loeber Motors, Inc. -- Lincolnwood 2 25.00%
Mercedes-Benz of Arlington Heights -- Arlington Heights 2 25.00%
Mercedes-Benz of Hoffman Estates -- Hoffman Estates 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 06:07 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Roverrad95
RE: Need help in rating Chicago Suburb Dealers

I have owned many Mercedes Benzes (6 cars). The two dealers I have bought them from are Autohaus on Edens and Knauz Motor Park in Lake Bluff. Recently I traded in my 2002 ML 320 because I found an amazing deal on a ML 500 at Autohaus I found impossible to pass up. I called other dealers in the Chicago area to see if they could try to match the price, but the closest was 7,000 high(amazing deal!). This ML 500 was a great car because it was certified, had 15,000 miles, and had many added features (head rest screens). So I decided before I buy the car, I would test drive it. During the drive, the brakes were squeaking and the tires made a racket at speeds above 40mph. I was told that I experienced these noises becuase the car hadn't moved in a few days and that the tires were new. Me being stupid, I bought the car. During the deal, I noticed it had no navigation system, so the salesman told me that the dealer would split the cost with me, $900. Also, during the deal, the car accululated a dent that was not there before. The dealer agreed to fix it for no charge because it was their responsibility at the time and not my car. So, I said fine, and bought the car. I also had a bluetooth kit in my old car and the dealer told me that they would take it out so that I could keep the kit for my new car. For a fee, they would install it, so I told them that they would install it. Now the next day, I picked up the car and the brakes are worse and the tires are still making a racket. I took the car home and started looking through the manuel. Inside the leather booklet, I found the sticker price on my car and found that the navigational system was standard on the ML 500. I also decided to look up the certification terms for Mercedes Benz. Tires shouldhave 85% of their tread and brakes shouldhave 85% of their life left befre replacement. My ML dd not. The tires were shot and so were the brakes. While the dealer agreed to replace the tires and brakes and istall a navi system for free. The car needed to go in anyway to have my bluetooth kit and navigation installed, so I scheduled an appointment or March 15th, 2006. The car went in as scheduled. Today is March 31st, 2006 and I still have a C-240 sedan loaner. Now the dealer has told me a week more because they still have not even pulled my bluetooth kit out of the old car, which by the way is sitting outside for sale. Well, we will see about next week. Moral of the story, buy and service the car at Knauz because the aggravation is not worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in