LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Don't buy from Tri-Star Imports in Saint Louis, MO

Please be careful if you do business with this company. I purchased a preowned clk 430 from them. The car had remainder of warranty and came with additional star marked certified warranty. It started having problems with the rear suspension, so I took it in. They would work on it all week and give it back on Friday saying it was fixed. Every time I would drive it and take it right back in because they did nothing. They even managed to create a problem with the front of the suspension. This went on for two months, then when I thretened with lemon law, they had the corporate guy come out and fix the rear suspension problem. The front was still broke. When asking other people for advice on how to fix the car, they said it sounds like the car had been wrecked. When I bought the car they showed me a clean car fax. I talked to the sales manager who sold me the car, and he assured me that the car was fixed and the car had never been wrecked. After him telling me he was going to help me out for a few weeks, I decided to trade the car in and get a audi or bmw. While trying to trade it, both dealers told me it had been rear ended, and showed a car fax proving it. I decided to wash my handls of this car and of this dealer and bought an Audi for the time being. Long story short..... They sold me a wrecked mercedes certified car, lied about car fax, took months to fix a problem, and still did nothing to get me into another car or fix mine. Don't use or buy from this dealer!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 11:45 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Apr 2005
RE: Don't buy from Tri-Star Imports in Saint Louis, MO

Why don't you make an entry on the Dealer Rating website? http://www.dealerrater.com/

I checked the site and your dealer is already listed and located in Ballwin, MO. Does Tri-Star have two dealerships? Or is Ballwin, MO the correct location?

The Dealer Rating website is more accessible to the general public and your posting will be seen by more potential customers. [:)]
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2004
(Thread Starter)
RE: Don't buy from Tri-Star Imports in Saint Louis, MO

Yes, that is the same dealership. I was not aware of that website. I have made a post, thank you for the heads up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in