BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes E220 CDi
Location: UNited Kingdom
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
E220 CDi Transmission Fluid Change
Can anyone provide advice on the following procedure:
I have a 2001 E220 CDi which I purchased recently with 80K on the clock, I have fully serviced the car. I have already purchased the tranny dipstick from MB and the fluid levels seem fine with only slight discolouration but I would now like to change the transmission fluid (using the correct MB spec. fluid). In order to ensure I don't initially overfill I plan to use following procedure:
- Drain oil (while cold) from the tranny sump and using a calibrated vessel measure the amount removed.
- Re-fill with the slightly less of same amount of the correct MB tranny fluid
- Bring upto running temperature, then re-measure and top-up to correct operating level.
My questions are:
- how much does the torque convertor hold and is there a way to drain it ?
- would it matter if this procedure was skipped ?
- is there an oil filter and is this difficult to change ?
- any other points to consider ?