E400/E500 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Aug 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Hello everyone Im new to this forum. Im not a Mercedes owner, but I have been hired to sell a E400/E500 1993 Mercedes. This car belongs to a terminally ill friend of mine. This car was his baby. He has converted a lot of the origianl car E400 to a E500, panels, many more parts. I haven't gone thru all the paper work on it yet. It has what I beleive to be a E500 engine in it. I found the paper work on that and that was a $8700
upgrade. Im not hoping to sell the car here but to get some kind of idea what I might have gotten my self into here. The car has 80,000 plus miles on it its white with tan leather interior that has been sat in. I can give more info on as we go. By doing what he did in the conversion has it help or hindered the value of the car. My gut is telling me that it lessoned the value. So if anyone here has heard of this before or can help me out with my dilema I would appreciate it. Please dont slam me or him for what he did to the car I'm not here to get beat up Im here to get some good ideas of what I can do to sell it. I will be willing to talk to someone over the phone at my expence of course. Thank for any help I get..Tom
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Aug 2005
(Thread Starter)
RE: E400/E500

Well it looks like I miss spoke myself here. I guess what I have here is 400E/500E.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:31 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Feb 2004
Vehicle: SL320, 300e, 450SL

Tom...where are you located. What miles are on the car. what kind of maintenance has been done. I recommend posting over on the W124 board. We will give you a good idea there. You can private mail me with further details on the car. BC
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 03:05 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1992 500E,1958 190SL
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Tom,from what I gather from your post is,it is a 400e,with a 500e conversion,I own a 500e,if you can post some pictures and information I can give you better advice on pricing.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: